Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AUTO TRANS & AIR CON

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Default AUTO TRANS & AIR CON

Hi, I have an 2008 Outlander VRX (3.0 V6 Auto), SatNav, Sound bought in Australia - have done 10,000kms. Anyway i have two issues i am hoping someone can help with...

1. the auto seems to "hunt" for the right gear way too often when going uphill. instead of staying in the correct gear it seems to try and be more fuel efficent and change up to a higher gear for a short time (say 20 seconds), then realise it needs a shorter gear and change back down. on a longer acsent (not even steep) this can happen several times. i find myself using the manual tiptronic and selecting a gear one down from where the auto chooses and leave it there until the climb is over, then put it back in "drive". do other people experience this? can the computr be tuned to avoide this?

2. when the air conditioner is on, the aircon fan (in the engine bay) continually switches on and off. no problem with this as i figure this is what is suppose to happen, problem is it's very loud and is noticle / distracting in the cabin. any ideas?

Thanks, Keels.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Default RE: AUTO TRANS & AIR CON

I can't comment on the transmission in the 6 cyl because I have the 4 cyl CVT. I do however live in a desert area so my air conditioner is almost always on and I have never noticed any on, then off,noise from the A/C within the car. However, if the car is in park and the engine andA/C is on you can hear a off/on cycling noise coming from the engine bay if you are standing outside the car that soundslike the idle speed speedingup, then slowing down, but again I have never noticed it when driving or waiting in drive at a stop light.