Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aux Cable Installation

Old 03-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Default Aux Cable Installation

Anyone ever install an Aux cable into a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with the Nav and Rockford Fosgate system? I talked with the Geeksquad at Best Buy they recommended this setup http://www.bestbuy.com/site/isimple-is32-universal-radio-audio-integration-kit-geek-squad-installation/9999193300050005.p?skuId=9999193300050005

For $139.99 they include the parts and installation seemed like a good deal anyone ever have this done before? Should this unit be compatible with the Outlander?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:26 AM

have you looked for the jacks in the back of the center console? if the jacks aren't there, have you looked for the connector that may be inside the console sitting on the floor?

I have the basic radio and I just had to plug an $8 adapter into the connector that clips into the head unit.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Default I

Originally Posted by ccernst
have you looked for the jacks in the back of the center console? if the jacks aren't there, have you looked for the connector that may be inside the console sitting on the floor?

I have the basic radio and I just had to plug an $8 adapter into the connector that clips into the head unit.
I just checked the only plugs in my console are a cig type plug and a regular house type electric socket, on the Mitsubishi nav unit there is no 3.5 plug or any type of Aux connection. I think the 2009 or the 2010s started to come factory with the Aux connection.
​​​

Old 03-22-2017, 11:29 PM

in some trim models/packages, there is an aux in in the 2nd row area of the center console down by the floor. If you don't have the obvious aux in jack, the connector for it may be just inside the plastic enclosure of the arm rest assembly.

if all that fails, you can always wire in an aux cable to the connector that plugs into your head unit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...ew?usp=sharing

That's what I ended up having to do. With the radio out, I drilled a hole large into the little storage compartment below the radio large enough to pass a the cable through. Works very very well...and was very very cheap.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
in some trim models/packages, there is an aux in in the 2nd row area of the center console down by the floor. If you don't have the obvious aux in jack, the connector for it may be just inside the plastic enclosure of the arm rest assembly.

if all that fails, you can always wire in an aux cable to the connector that plugs into your head unit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...ew?usp=sharing

That's what I ended up having to do. With the radio out, I drilled a hole large into the little storage compartment below the radio large enough to pass a the cable through. Works very very well...and was very very cheap.
i have installed a cable as shown in the link in your post but I cannot get it to work

i can display AUX in the by pressing the CD button but nothing comes out - interestingly I can get the AUX to display even without anything connected to pins 14.15 and 6 on the connector block.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

thanks

iain

Old 11-17-2017, 02:54 PM

If you have the RF system with navigation, the 2008 model should have RCA inputs at the outer rear of the center console. You'll find them near the floor if you're sitting in the back seat. It's a dumb setup that I think was meant for video input, but if you get an RCA to mini jack cable, you plug the red and white jacks into that port, set your system to aux, and plug that mini jack into your desired player's headphone jack. I've done this with my 2007 for years. No mods required.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:58 PM

It is a basic model, Equipe I think it is called, she has purchased and it doesn't have the nav installed.

i looked for the phone plugs first, none found and as there were no cables in the aux holes at the back of the radio I assumed it would be a simple job to connect them and make it work - not the case though

Old 11-17-2017, 04:56 PM

follow the instructions in the file I linked earlier. if you have the cable to do it, it really isn't too hard to wire your own cable up.