Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth not working after Lollipop Android 5.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Arrow Bluetooth not working after Lollipop Android 5.1 Update

I have a Droid Turbo and after updating it to Lollipop Android 5.1 it is no longer working with my Outlanders Handsfree BlueTooth System. Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:47 AM

I dont have the issue, but for information I have a 2013 and recently purchased a G4 with Android 5.1 and it works fine. My old G2 is still paired and continues to work as well.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I have a Droid Turbo and after updating it to Lollipop Android 5.1 it is no longer working with my Outlanders Handsfree BlueTooth System. Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it?
I'm considering that phone at this very moment, so I'm interested in how you solve this, if possible.

You have gone through the pairing procedure again and that did not work, correct?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Arrow :(

Bluetooth in Vehicle Not Working after Lollipop Update. Tried deleting and repairing still not connecting. Everything pairs fine but when you need to make or receive a call it does not work through the vehicle.

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS With Navigation System/Bluetooth.

Everything was working fine up until I upgraded to 5.1.

I have erased the pairing from the vehicle and my Droid Turbo. After I deleted both I cleared the Bluetooth files and cach from the Droid Turbo Restarted and tried to pair again. That has not worked.

I need a solution please can someone help? It worked perfectly before the update to Lollipop 5.1

Old 07-07-2015, 12:09 AM
Old 07-09-2015, 12:32 PM

SERPENTOR, I'm following with interest the conversation on the link you posted.

Yesterday evening I had supper with two people who own OnePlus One phones. They are android phones that have had the latest versions of android that they downloaded just a few days ago.

Anyway, I decided to take advantage of this situation and I tried to pair one of the phones to our '10 XLS's blutooth phone system. To make a short story even shorter, the phone would supposedly pair, but after getting out of the pairing option, I tried making a call and the car system said that there was no phone present. So, as far as I can tell, this phone with the latest Android version will not work with our car's blutooth phone system. How nice.

Just three questions.

1. Do ALL android phones operate on the same android software?

2. Can I conclude from the above attempt that NO new android phone will work properly in our vehicle?

3. Are the brand new Mit blutooth modules sitting on the parts dept. shelf at the dealership identical in every way to the module that came in the vehicle, or do they contain updated blutooth software, etc, that would allow the new module to pair with new phones and new blutooth software?

Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 PM

I have a 2010 Outlander here in NZ and a Nexus 5 phone. My phone has been updated to the latest 5.1 android and works perfectly fine on bluetooth. I do not have the MMCS, just the stock install rockford fosgate stereo system with phone controls on the steering wheel.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Outlaander
SERPENTOR, I'm following with interest the conversation on the link you posted.

Yesterday evening I had supper with two people who own OnePlus One phones. They are android phones that have had the latest versions of android that they downloaded just a few days ago.

Anyway, I decided to take advantage of this situation and I tried to pair one of the phones to our '10 XLS's blutooth phone system. To make a short story even shorter, the phone would supposedly pair, but after getting out of the pairing option, I tried making a call and the car system said that there was no phone present. So, as far as I can tell, this phone with the latest Android version will not work with our car's blutooth phone system. How nice.

Just three questions.

1. Do ALL android phones operate on the same android software?

No most androids are not all running with the latest and greatest versions of Android. Mostly flagships and high end devices are regularly updated.

2. Can I conclude from the above attempt that NO new android phone will work properly in our vehicle?

No you can not every phone is different i have had iphones and over 10 different androids work with 0 problems. Something about this Verizon Droid Turbo update to Android 5.1 is not working correctly.

3. Are the brand new Mit blutooth modules sitting on the parts dept. shelf at the dealership identical in every way to the module that came in the vehicle, or do they contain updated blutooth software, etc, that would allow the new module to pair with new phones and new blutooth software?
I wish i knew Mitsubishi has still not responded.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I wish i knew Mitsubishi has still not responded.
It is a real pity that those nice steering-wheel controls and all the invisible wiring to computers and vehicle speakers, etc. may become completely useless after a few more inevitable "upgrades" to cell phone software. Then owners will have not choice but to get the same aftermarket add-on blue tooth phone devices that we once thought we'd never have to buy.

It's hard to believe that a brand new OEM replacement blue tooth module would not be configured so as to be able to pair/connect to all the new cell phones rather than old phones that are now most likely, or at least soon to be, no longer in use. I'd really like to upgrade from our ancient ZTE call-only phone, but I don't want to get a phone that will not pair with the OEM hands free system.

Of course the ridiculously expensive Mit. Nav update discs are almost the same situation as the blue tooth hands free. It's cheaper to buy a new GPS with free lifetime map updates than it is to buy those OEM updates. But at least the Nav updates are still available.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:21 AM

I mentioned that my Android 5.1 phone works fine in my vehicle, which is a little newer but the same design.

So with that in mind may I suggest something outside the box. Download from the play store a third party dialer app and set that as the default instead of the preinstalled Motorola dialer app. Re-pair the connection and see if there are any improvements.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth not working after Lollipop Android 5.1 Update