Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth not working after Lollipop Android 5.1 Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:29 AM

Hi, I have two android phones neither of which will connect to my new Outlander PHEV - HTC 620 desire and Samsung Galaxy S4 - latter is on Android 5.0.1. Any ideas folks -its been to the local dealer who wants it in for a good look at - annoyingly his old Iphone connected straight away.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM

SERPENTOR, I have read your latest comments about getting a refurbished turbo on your above link. Somebody else commented that because the turbo is not on Mitsubishi's list of compatible phones, they will do nothing to help people who have phones not on their list.

Something I'd like to know is whether one could replace the module in an older vehicle with one for a say brand new Outlander and still have hands free function normally.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:11 AM

Hi
We have just brought a new mitsubishi outlander and cannot connect our samsung phone to bluetooth and ideas
Whitey

Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 AM

Verizon just sent me a refurbished Droid Turbo that still does not work, I do not know what to do at this point check here and try to get help!!! Mitsubishi Fuse

Old 07-16-2015, 02:39 AM

The sad part is that everything was working just perfectly up until this update was released.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Verizon just sent me a refurbished Droid Turbo that still does not work, I do not know what to do at this point check here and try to get help!!! Mitsubishi Fuse
Thanks for the link. The interesting thing about the phones listed for the 2010 is that many of them are very recent models (some are 2015 models), so Mitsubishi is taking the time and trouble to update the compatibility list quite frequently, even for older vehicles, which is a very good and responsible thing for Mitsubishi to do for its customers.

The other thing I noticed is that there are a great number of Samsung models in particular that are compatible with the 2010 hands free. The opposite is true of the various lesser-known models such as Huawei, OnePlus, etc. The latter may very well be compatible, but one would be wise to test them prior to purchase. And after the test I would not be "upgrading" to a newer version of android software without first testing another phone that already has the "upgrade".

My point about Samsung versus the lesser-known brands is that the amount of money one saves by buying a phone from a lesser-known manufacturer may be cancelled out by living with a phone that is incompatible with hands-free and having to buy an add-on blue tooth device that has to be placed on a visor, or wherever, which either has to plug into a power source, or has a battery that will have to be re-charged and, at some point, replaced. IMO it's much better to buy a more expensive phone that pairs well with the vehicle's built-in system.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 AM

I don't understand why they destroyed something that was working efficiently with this update to 5.1

Old 07-21-2015, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I don't understand why they destroyed something that was working efficiently with this update to 5.1
Have you considered doing a factory reset?
How to Reset an Android Smartphone or Tablet

Old 07-23-2015, 03:10 AM

Yes a master reset does not work. I am switching to a Google Nexus 6.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:54 PM

my wife and i both have Samsung note 3 phones with lollipop 5.0, i drive 2012 outlander, she have 2014 outlander. Both phones connects to both vehicles without issues.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth not working after Lollipop Android 5.1 Update