Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth System Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by kweegibo
My bluetooth just stopped working as well.
When I go to hit the button on the steering column, I do not get any response.
Everything else works. Sirius, MusicServer, etc..
Hello,

I have the same problem with my 2007 Outlander. It works fine since one day it didn't works. Anybody solved the problem?
Thank you for any advce.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:49 AM

Helo,

News!
I solved the problem with doing nothing. It just started to work just like it stops. First I was in the workshop and they could do nothing. Two week later it starts like nothing happened. Strange!

Old 10-24-2016, 06:49 AM

Mine has always been "fussy" too, requiring a re-pairing (while stopped of course) about three times a week, and then it's fine for 8-9 months, finally last year it just kept hanging up after "Please say a command" and now it's just dead. Watching the ebay for one.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by wiseowl
I know this thread is abit old but if this info helps anyone.....
I had a problem with my phone bluetooth it that sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not.
When it would not work there was no response from any of the steering column buttons.
When it did work i would usually get as far as "dialling" and then it would switch off.
In the end I bought a new bluetooth module and it has been perfect since.
So despite reading on the internet that "these units dont fail" , they obviously do.
Hope this helps someone.
Hi. Do you remember the name or a symbol of the module? Mine is playing too. Thanks

Old 01-04-2017, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by GiveEmHell84
Hi. Do you remember the name or a symbol of the module? Mine is playing too. Thanks
Dont recall the part number. It was the Bluetooth module that is located behind the mmcs head unit.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by nige02
I,ve had my outlander for 6 months with no problems, until recently the bluetooth stopped working. When I touch the mobile phone symbol on the touch screen, it displays 'system error' message.

Is there something I can do, or is this a job for the laptop at the mitsubishi garage?!

Any response would be appreciated, thanks Richard.

Hi, did you ever find out what this problem or fix was? I have a 2010 Citroen C Crosser which is based on the outlander and has the same parts. My “mobile phone” option when pressing the ‘Info’ button on the display is greyed out.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2018, 04:16 PM

I have been having issues with my bluetooth in my 2010 Endeavor. It will stop all music playback and flash "phone" in the screen on the dash. it will do this for about 15 seconds then go back to music. This continues about every 3 min or so. I do not have my phone currently connected to it. I cannot access the BT menu options to reset or delete any phones. I have tried pulling the battery cable for 30 min or so in a failed attempt to reset the BT. NO luck yet. I am using my stock head unit also.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Joshua Holland
I have been having issues with my bluetooth in my 2010 Endeavor. It will stop all music playback and flash "phone" in the screen on the dash. it will do this for about 15 seconds then go back to music. This continues about every 3 min or so. I do not have my phone currently connected to it. I cannot access the BT menu options to reset or delete any phones. I have tried pulling the battery cable for 30 min or so in a failed attempt to reset the BT. NO luck yet. I am using my stock head unit also.
Did you check if the bt module is not too hot ? It is known isdue when the module is defected. I already replaced my hfm and even got another spart module if you need - my is outlander 2009

Last edited by Molo15; 09-06-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Molo15
Did you check if the bt module is not too hot ? It is known isdue when the module is defected. I already replaced my hfm and even got another spart module if you need - my is outlander 2009
I am not even sure where it is located. I see video of where to find it on an evo but not on my vehicle I found a box marked OMRON below the stereo and disconnected it but the bluetooth was still trying to connect to my stereo. So I plugged it back in. then it gave me the menu then stopped working. It worked fine till about 6 months ago. UGH>>