Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth System Error

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Default Bluetooth System Error

I,ve had my outlander for 6 months with no problems, until recently the bluetooth stopped working. When I touch the mobile phone symbol on the touch screen, it displays 'system error' message.

Is there something I can do, or is this a job for the laptop at the mitsubishi garage?!

Any response would be appreciated, thanks Richard.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 AM

I bought a used 2007 Outlander XLS with the MMCS and the bluetooth worked fine for about 2 weeks and then stopped working for no apparent reason. The only thing I can think of is, the day before it stopped working I plugged in my cell phone to the rear audio inputs to play internet radio. Ever since then pushing the phone button on the steering wheel does nothing and my phone will not pair anymore. Maybe our 2 problems have a common cause.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sfinney76
I bought a used 2007 Outlander XLS with the MMCS and the bluetooth worked fine for about 2 weeks and then stopped working for no apparent reason. The only thing I can think of is, the day before it stopped working I plugged in my cell phone to the rear audio inputs to play internet radio. Ever since then pushing the phone button on the steering wheel does nothing and my phone will not pair anymore. Maybe our 2 problems have a common cause.
No, they have nothing to do with each other directly. To damage the bluetooth module, you would have to damage the stereo.
Does MMCS see your phones/BT module still? If not, try taking out the MMCS unit and ensure the bluetooth module is plugged in correctly (its below the MMCS). Could have just come lose...
If not, you can buy a replacement unit and its plug and play. Although I've never heard of the unit failing...it must be some wiring/connector issue.

If it still works, then its a steering wheel control issue. The controls go through the stereo, so it could be the culprit. However, all the steering wheel controls go through one wire, so none of them would work.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Hi, sorry for the dumb question, what do you mean by MMCS?

Cheers Rich.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:54 PM

The navigation system/stereo. Its right under it...looks like a rectangle with a bluetooth logo on it.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Default 2007 Outlander - My handsfree system stopped working as well

My bluetooth just stopped working as well.
When I go to hit the button on the steering column, I do not get any response.
Everything else works. Sirius, MusicServer, etc..

Old 05-27-2014, 10:16 AM
hkm

My bluetooth responds some time but then an empty battery sign appears and it just disappears. When I try again nothing happens.

Can some one help please. I have Mitsubishi outlander 2008

Old 05-28-2015, 10:59 AM

I know this thread is abit old but if this info helps anyone.....
I had a problem with my phone bluetooth it that sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not.
When it would not work there was no response from any of the steering column buttons.
When it did work i would usually get as far as "dialling" and then it would switch off.
In the end I bought a new bluetooth module and it has been perfect since.
So despite reading on the internet that "these units dont fail" , they obviously do.
Hope this helps someone.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:49 PM

Hi can you advise where you purchased the replacement unit from please and how much ? thanks

Old 06-02-2015, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by NEILFAUX
Hi can you advise where you purchased the replacement unit from please and how much ? thanks
I was lucky and saw one on Ebay from a write-off. £32.
The new ones are a ridiculous price.

Last edited by wiseowl; 06-02-2015 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Bluetooth System Error