Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Caliper Bracket Bolt ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Default Caliper Bracket Bolt ???

Hello,

Today I was driving ('07 Outie) and my caliper bracket bolt came out. I am flabbergasted that it seems that such a simple part appears to be nowhere in the general consumer market. I have the extensive documentation (PDFs) for my vehicle, but there is no mention of the bolt size. Every search of the auto parts stores, including online has been fruitless. As a last resort, I went to Home Depot and Lowes and no luck.

Is this something that is only available from Mitsubishi? I will be calling the dealer on Monday, but I can only imagine how expensive this bolt will be.

Thanks for any information.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:11 AM

Junk yard

Old 05-12-2016, 03:29 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by ERudolph
Hello,

Today I was driving ('07 Outie) and my caliper bracket bolt came out. I am flabbergasted that it seems that such a simple part appears to be nowhere in the general consumer market. I have the extensive documentation (PDFs) for my vehicle, but there is no mention of the bolt size. Every search of the auto parts stores, including online has been fruitless. As a last resort, I went to Home Depot and Lowes and no luck.

Is this something that is only available from Mitsubishi? I will be calling the dealer on Monday, but I can only imagine how expensive this bolt will be.

Thanks for any information.
Rockauto.com

Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 AM
Old 05-13-2016, 01:07 PM

Most of the time the bolts are inexpensive and can be ordered right from your dealer. I've never had much luck matching the exact size from aftermarket stores or hardware stores. Also the quality and strength of the metal may vary from the OEM version. In most cases a bolt like that may be $2-3 from the dealer opposed to $0.30 from Home Depot but still won't break the bank. Rockauto doesn't always carry specific pieces like this. They tend to carry parts that fit in a wide variety of models. No money in stocking small parts that rarely get ordered.

Last edited by n0c7; 05-13-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Default Solved

Thank you all for your responses. It was truly amazing how scarce this special bolt was. I finally found it through Cherry Hill Mitsubishi in NJ. In case anyone else has this specific issue, the part number is MU140038.

For those who change their own brakes, I would caution to periodically check the bracket->spindle bolts. Mine dropped out while driving. Luckily it was while driving at low speed. I had never had a problem with these, but I recently moved to a region with very bumpy roads and I am sure this was a contributing factor.

It took 3 days to arrive. Luckily I had the option to work from home.

Safe travels. :-)

Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM

I recently changed out a motor mount for an aftermarket mount. The aftermarket mount was out of spec and i ended up stripping the stud bolt on the transmission. None of the local dealers had any in stock and couldn't even order any. None in the U.S., they had to backorder it from japan and had no idea how long it would take.

I found this website which is trying to be the worlds biggest central OEM parts supplier. They had several in stock, and was able to get it in 4 days for a reasonable $11 2nd day shipping fee.
Here's your part: https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=MU140038