Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Can't connect bluetooth to phone

Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Default Can't connect bluetooth to phone

I never had a problem connecting my old Droid 2 to my hands free system in the 2007 Outlander but I just bought an HTC Rezound and can't seem to connect. It says that it's paired, but everytime I try to connect, it just reverts to saying "Paired but not connected" on the phone. I've searched and searched but can't seem to find anything specific to my car. Any thoughts? Someone suggested on a different forum that my radio might need a BT update. How would I go about that?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:59 PM

When you are connecting to your new Rezound, make sure you aren't missing a notification on the phone. I paired my Samsung Galaxy S2 to my 2011 Outie and it was a 4 step process. Turn on bluetooth on the phone and use the voice command to get the car into pair mode. Then when the phone discovers the BT radio, I have to enter the pass code on the phone, wait for it to pair successfully and then respond to a notification (pull down the notification bar). At least that's how it worked for me.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 AM

I was able to finally connect it, but I had to go through and actually choose the phone in the hands free setup. It's the only phone in there, so I don't know why I need to choose it. I'll try it again today and see if I have to continually choose it every time I want to connect.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 AM

Looking to see if anyone has had issues pairing a Galaxy S3 to their Outlanders. Going to get a new phone this evening and considering the Galaxy S2 or S3, not sure which one just yet. I have the premium RF system, non-nav in my 2011. Looking to see if there's going to be any hiccups with the A2DP music streaming or any hiccups with the phone staying paired.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM

Hmm....ended up getting the Galaxy S3. So I guess it's trial by fire now. I'm sure it will work just fine.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 AM

I had the same problem with the second phone I paired with my car. When I paired the second phone, I told it to override the other phone in priority 1, and it worked fine till I turned the car off. Upon turning the car back on, the only way to connect it was to go through and actually choose the phone in the hands free setup.

But I found the fix!!

I deleted the second phone, and found the first phone was still in priority 1, then I deleted the first phone. (during troubleshooting I paired other phones in priority 7 & 4, those paired correctly then and are still paired & working today)

After that I repaired my new second phone (in priority 1), it all is working fine!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 AM

I've paired 3 different fones at various times. Can never get them to stay paired, each time I turn engine off I have to redo pairing procedure. Gave up in the end and now use bluetooth via Garmin GPS. Works automatically every time.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM

Hi, I also have a problem with my new Samsung Galaxy S2 and the BT system in my 2011 Peugeot 4007 ... which is actually a Mitsubishi with a cat emblem. I've tried everything that came up to my mind - delete all phones, update details, use default PINs ... everything ... The car says that pairing is complete but the cell phone icon in the Info menu is still inactive ... so in few seconds the cell phone prompts again for a PIN code ... again and again ... I never had such problem with my old-fashioned Nokia N95 or my son's Alcatel ... I'll appreciate very much any other ideas

Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 AM

A little update on my problem with the phone pairing. After consult with a local cell phone dealer I was advised to wait for the Android regular update. I didn't ... but two days ago, the phone and the car paired successfully ... have absolutely no idea how did this happen.