Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

'Check in map slot' message, no MMCS functionality

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:15 AM
Default 'Check in map slot' message, no MMCS functionality

I havejust bought a 2014 PHEV which came with a faulty SD card and no CD so I downloaded a loading.kwi file, put it on a sd and my mmcs worked without the sat nav until I removed the sd card again. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I have access to the loading.kwi files, the navi interface files and European maps files but now I can't get them to work again... perhaps a formatting issue on SD? I'm waiting for an appointment to get it fixed by the dealer but would love to fix this myself as it might be a long wait...

Old 02-19-2017, 02:18 AM

Hi Alexander, did you get anywhere with this? You may have noticed I have a similar post but these products seem little explorer (the older HDD unit has lots of stuff on it). I believe more info is available on Russian forums, but my Russian sucks :-)

I have the N11 head unit (US) a working unit but I'm stuck in NY, it refuses to cross the Atlantic as I am out of map range. I'm pretty confident that if I upgraded the maps to include Europe - all would be well. All I need to know is how to do it!

You can buy UK maps on eBay for £79. I think this would work for you, it didn't for me as the drivers / program is different.

Where did you get the files from? mentioned above... I may be able to use these to upgrade my unit, or just gain further insight to my issue. I have contacted here- directly but they didn't respond. I know its a strange situation but you would have thought they would at least respond.

Last but not least - I guess you know that the maps are a particular format, buying a card is the only option I think. I have one (purchased from eBay) but I don't want to let go of it just yet, until I know it's of no use to me (which I think is the case, but not sure).

Regards
Peter