Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Children on the back seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Default Children on the back seats?

I just got my new outlander. I have two small children 4 and 6.
What children car seats do you use on your outlander?
I have a children car seat which uses the isofix hooks for keeping it in place but when i put the seats in there is no space left for a third person in the back seat.
And whats with the rear seat belts? They too far up and forword for small children. Looks like a bad design to me.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Children on the back seats?

if you have 2 car seats and they have a wide base, like most new model car seats do, then there definately will not be any room for a 3rd person in the middle seat. i agree about the rear seat being useless too. not much for leg room either.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 AM

I had 2 carseats installed in the 2nd row, and it would take a pretty small person to fit inbetween them. They probably wouldn't be comfortable either.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:25 PM

I have a booster seat with back. The seat belt goes in a clip on the side so its at the right height for a 3 year old. I bought it at walmart. The only problem I have had was when the seat is reclined back the car seat isnt held in tight and falls over.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM

that doesnt sound very good to me lol. are you sure its installed right?

Old 12-09-2008, 11:10 AM

Yes it was in right. With how the rear seats recline it doesnt hold the baby seat in tight but when you tilt the seat back to the up right position, the seat belt is pulled tighter and holds the seat in with no problem. Trust me it works when you put the seat up.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:09 PM

the booster seat does not have the universal anchor clips? i find those hold much tighter then the seatbelt method does.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 PM

Have you notice in the user manual that you cant use booster seat on the midle seat of the second row and you canot use at all booster seats on the third row?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Tasman

Have you notice in the user manual that you cant use booster seat on the midle seat of the second row and you canot use at all booster seats on the third row?
thats probably due to the fact that a fold out half *** seat like the 3rd row is, is not properly anchored to the vehicle. i dont trust the 3rd row. and i wont put a kid back there lol

Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM

I have a 7 and 2 year old. The 2 y.o. sits in a fairly wide car seat while my son, 7 sits in a booster seat. We are able to sit a third person in the middle row. However, my son has sat in the 3rd row if there are more people. He seems to fit it perfect.

Quick Reply: Children on the back seats?