Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Complete newbie - help with converting Japanese to English

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Malboo
Well yesterday I downloaded the data for a disk from Mitsubishi web site and upgraded the Gracenote Data Base on my stereo

Everything went okay I don't know why but after the upgrade I now have my rear cam guide-lines back after losing them when converting from Japanese to English on my stereo

Could be just a coincidence but i'm not complaining
Hmmm, this does sound promising. Could you please keep an eye on this in the next couple of days to check if they don't disappear again?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM

I still need to convert mine to English but I'm a little concerned at some of those conversions work while others do not. hate to lose what I have now as I'm finding my way around the screens.

Got the CD with all the new software and waiting to pull the trigger once my confidence level is up. Any work on getting the OZ/NZ maps?

jim

Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 PM

Can someone please advise me how to convert my MMCS from Japanese to English. I m seeing flash memory and also seeing a CD. Still confused after reading this tread.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 PM

Hi there,

We can convert your MMCS to english, please message us through our website - www.Giz-Tec.com

Are your reverse lines staying on now Malboo? I am looking into this issue and only seems to appear now and then - it possibly does have something to do with the Gracenote version.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Smile Reverse Lines

Hi no my reverse lines were visable for 4 days or so
Now they disappear all time after setting in car type and in the camera setting have tried various settings
Reversed into a Mazda Demeio the other day but couldn't blame the reverse lines no damage to any car thank goodness LOL

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Reversed into a Mazda Demeio the other day but couldn't blame the reverse lines no damage to any car thank goodness LOL
Wow you're lucky.

That's why I've installed an audible warning as well so if I even misjudge the distance by lines I still have beeping sound telling me I've gone to far as well as distance meter showing it.
Lines actually are removed completely for a cleaner picture.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Good idea normally I can see the lip of the rear bumper and get close when I reverse will look into the rear sensors though

Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Hi no my reverse lines were visable for 4 days or so
Now they disappear all time after setting in car type and in the camera setting have tried various settings
We should have this issue sorted soon, seems to only happen to the odd vehicle - you were just an unlucky one

We will set it as default so you can choose to turn it off if you don't like them

Old 08-23-2014, 12:55 AM

Hi I would like the reverse lines if possible I like to have all the bells and whistles working

will look forward to the fix

Old 08-31-2014, 04:15 AM

To convert dial settings into english you may go to setting menue by pressing info button while parked. Once in setting menue, you may choose language option for you to get info on english. Other language options are available too

Quick Reply: Complete newbie - help with converting Japanese to English