Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Complete newbie - help with converting Japanese to English

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Can someone help me convert Japanese to English on MMCS on my Outlander?

Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 AM

I also want to;
  • convert Japanese to English on my J01 MMCS on outlander.
  • make dvds play in motion
i also have a rear seat entertainment system in the roof but i am failing to switch the screen on. the power button works and it gets CD/DVD in but rear screen remains off. it a Japanese import in Namibia. any suggestions

Old 01-03-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by niazqamar
I also want to;
  • convert Japanese to English on my J01 MMCS on outlander.
  • make dvds play in motion
i also have a rear seat entertainment system in the roof but i am failing to switch the screen on. the power button works and it gets CD/DVD in but rear screen remains off. it a Japanese import in Namibia. any suggestions
All is possible but will take some work. Search the forum as there are numerous threads discussing subject.

Jim

Old 02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Default how to do this?

Originally Posted by Malboo
Well yesterday I downloaded the data for a disk from Mitsubishi web site and upgraded the Gracenote Data Base on my stereo

Everything went okay I don't know why but after the upgrade I now have my rear cam guide-lines back after losing them when converting from Japanese to English on my stereo

Could be just a coincidence but i'm not complaining
I too am in NZ, wondering how you managed to access this? i cannot register on the site as it does not accept NZ zip code?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Better to send your HDD to HJB who is also on TradeMe as stereos peak and have him download translated. Can do maps as well which work great.

Jim

Old 02-12-2015, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Benckj
Better to send your HDD to HJB who is also on TradeMe as stereos peak and have him download translated. Can do maps as well which work great.

Jim
Wouldn't be worth it for those maps as they are $350 each with no updates available, add conversion cost onto that..unless of course you didn't pay for them?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM

Maps bought from another model and converted to work. We shared the cost so it worked out very reasonable.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:20 PM

Maps bought from another model and converted to work. We shared the cost so it worked out very reasonable.
:roll eyes: Of course it works out reasonable if you share the cost, but you do realise its still considered piracy if you 'share' the cost right?

Last edited by sresky; 02-13-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:42 PM

The MMCS already contains legal maps so it is simply a case of converting them to work for your region. Is this not the same as providing a translation conversion from Japenese to English? Has anyone obtained permission from Misubishi to alter thier software?

Old 02-14-2015, 03:00 PM

The MMCS already contains legal maps so it is simply a case of converting them to work for your region. Is this not the same as providing a translation conversion from Japenese to English? Has anyone obtained permission from Misubishi to alter thier software?
You're an idiot if you truly believe that - The JDM MMCS comes with Japanese maps created by a different map company.

The maps you are using are converted from a different make and model vehicle altogether - Theres a huge difference between altering software that is available against buying maps, converting them and giving them away or even selling them for profit

Last edited by sresky; 02-15-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Complete newbie - help with converting Japanese to English