Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Considering 2013 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Default Considering 2013 Outlander GT

Hello all... Newbie here but not a newbie to Mitsubishi.. previously owned a 2011 Mitsu Outlander Sport SE (sold it due to family growing)..

Anyways, in the market for a small - mid size SUV (currenly own a Dodge Durango) for our 2nd vehicle. Have looked and driven a lot (Dodge Journey, GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox, Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorento) and also the 2014/2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE..

We absolutely loved our Outlander Sport and love the new Outlander SEs as well, but not the right time to buy new..

That is why we are considering a used Outlander... Came across a rebuilt title (already discussed details with owner on the "rebuilt status) 2013 Outlander GT 2wheel drive. Very low miles and very good price and in our budget.

This brings me to my questions.... I know the 2014/2015 and especially the new 2016 models get better reviews, crash ratings, etc. But I want opinions on the 2013 Outlander GT.. I know this is a Mitsubishi forum, so responses may be a little biased, but what should I look for? What should I look out for? any info is valuable info at this time!

Thanks everyone!

Brian

Old 09-14-2015, 07:39 PM

For what it's worth, my 2013 Outlander GT 2WD developed driveability issues at less than 30K miles. I bought it used at 18K miles and initially liked that the V6 engine was responsive and great to drive. After a year, it now drives like a 4 cyl. All my efforts to have MMC look at the issue were rebuffed because no error codes are showing up. I think driveability issues are a major grey area for Mitsubushi cars. I'm already thinking about trading the car in for Toyota/Honda. Less headache (and heartache) that way.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Smile

Hi, I don't know what your finances are, But I would go for a 2015 Outlander SE because they are offering Great Deals on them and they have a Big Rebate! And a 10 yr warraunty! I just got mine last month and used the 2,000 rebate and I had a 500 loyalty Rebate. And I also have a 10yr Bumper to Bumper warraunty. Or you could find a used 2014 SE

Old 09-14-2015, 07:53 PM

And having a 10 year warranty if you have any problems that will take care of that

Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 PM

in my opinion, you making a mistake buying vehicle with rebuild title. Warranty no longer applies to this vehicle. Rebuild because of what? accident? flood? Try to enter vin number into google search, usually auction pictures where the car was bought for will come up. You may be able to see how bad the damage was. You may get lucky and get nicely fixed car, but most of the times people get just headache with rebuild. Unless you buy from insurance auto auction yourself, know somebody who own bodyshop...

Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Smile

That,s so true!! U really need to ck it out! To see why it's a rebuilt title! My work car is like that but mine is a good one. It came from a insurance rebuild. So I agree with the previous post! Kazlas

Old 09-19-2015, 10:44 PM

Rebuilt status due to storm damage... hail damage... so all 4 doors and hood replaced...

Also, some other questions..

Does not look to have turn signals in the mirrors... did these come standard with the GT?
If so, they were replaced with NON-GT doors cuz no turn signal indicators in mirrors.

Also, door handles dont have passive entry/lock button on them? Again, did the GT come standard with this.

And third.. this is equipped with Navigation.. but reverse camera only shows in rearview mirror and not on the display.... is this normal?

thank you all for your comments / suggestions..

of course vehicle will thoroughly be looked over, and if we commit, a warranty will be purchased.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:20 PM

Just a word of caution. My personal experience is that MMC's dealership network is notoriously paltry and very likely to avoid doing any meaningful warranty work. I can only imagine their willingness to look at a re-build (ie don't get your hopes up).

Old 09-20-2015, 11:21 PM
Smile

Sounds like your better off buying a new 2015 GT instead of buying that rebuild 2013 then you would have a 10yr warraunty

Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 AM

I understand everyone's point on buying new and warranty.. What everyone doesn't understand is my current money situation

Yes a new GT would be nice... And also cost well over 2x the amount of money we want to spend.

Quick Reply: Considering 2013 Outlander GT