Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Considering 2013 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Smile

We understand. Well then the best thing to do is have the 2013 GT ck out by a mech. And if he says it all ck,s out good then I would go for it. Or you can find you another used Outlander. We just don't whant to see you get someone else's headache

Old 09-22-2015, 12:00 AM

Yes. It's a risk I know...

only 8500 miles on the vehicle, and wasn't involved in an accident.. price $14,500

risk I know... only bad thing is I can't really have it checked out by a mechanic... It's a 4 1/2 hour drive one way to go look at it....

Old 09-22-2015, 12:36 AM
Smile

Well, can the provide some kind of warraunty.to stand behind it. So when you get it. You got a good veh? Have the done a conplete service and ck on it? Or is it sold as is?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 AM

I also have a 2013 GT so ill step in on these questions based off how my car is equipped.

Originally Posted by caskey_b
Does not look to have turn signals in the mirrors... did these come standard with the GT?
If so, they were replaced with NON-GT doors cuz no turn signal indicators in mirrors.
If your talking about the front of the mirror for on coming traffic to see, mine and all others ive seen do have the turn signals in the mirrors. If your talking about integrated into the mirror for people in the lane beside and behind you to see then no.

Also, door handles dont have passive entry/lock button on them? Again, did the GT come standard with this.
Im pretty sure all models with the newer FAST key should have this button. Perhaps they replaced the entire door/mirror/window/wiring assembly with something from an older or lower model Outlander; see if you can find a VIN number on those panels and check to see what year it is. This seems to me a high possibility based on what youve said. Then again they would have to move the lock barrels from the old doors so why not switch the entire handle sub-assembly.

And third.. this is equipped with Navigation.. but reverse camera only shows in rearview mirror and not on the display.... is this normal?
This is normal, there are hacks around it if its a big deal to you

Old 09-23-2015, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by ckmecha
I also have a 2013 GT so ill step in on these questions based off how my car is equipped.

If your talking about the front of the mirror for on coming traffic to see, mine and all others ive seen do have the turn signals in the mirrors. If your talking about integrated into the mirror for people in the lane beside and behind you to see then no.

Im pretty sure all models with the newer FAST key should have this button. Perhaps they replaced the entire door/mirror/window/wiring assembly with something from an older or lower model Outlander; see if you can find a VIN number on those panels and check to see what year it is. This seems to me a high possibility based on what youve said. Then again they would have to move the lock barrels from the old doors so why not switch the entire handle sub-assembly.

This is normal, there are hacks around it if its a big deal to you
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!

I did find out that when replacing the side mirrors, they used the side mirrors of a ES model... so no turn signals...

As far as the FAST KEY... very hard to tell in the pics if it has it or not... but since they replaced all doors on the vehicle... I would only assume that they replaced the entire door assembly from the junk ES model they had on hand..

May still make the drive to look at it... but doubt I;ll get it... I really want it due to being such low miles, but I bought a VIN report just to check it out, and the reason they told me why it was salvage/rebuilt was because storm/hail damage.. but on the report.. HAIL DAMAGE was not checked off and what WAS checked off was SALVAGE DUE TO UNKNOWN REASONS...

very fishy...

I am however looking at a 2014 Outlander SE... REGULAR TITLE!!! Private owner, in which I would still get factory warranty..

has 23k miles so a little high for the MY, but I will be calling on it today.. and if all checks out, hopefully getting it Friday..

I will keep in touch... hopefully Friday I can become an "official" member of the boards here!!!

thanks all again for your time and responses to my questions!

Old 10-01-2015, 12:22 AM

Well... no Outlander yet... was considering 2 (both 2014s) Could have got the SE FWD with 23k miles for $16,000 but I had to pass as I absolutely cannot have beige interior and couple dings and chip in windshield ....

other was 4x4 with 14,500 miles for $18,000 but had 3-4 hail dents that were not fixed... so passed on making the 4-5 hour trip for either one...

couple more leads however... let me know how you feel on each....

1) 2014 Outlander SE 4x4, 28,000 miles, no added features - $17,900 out the door
2) 2013 Outlander SE 4x4, 11,500 miles, Rockford/Moonroof - $17,995 no dealer fees
discussed yet... which I'd assume around $500 before all said and done (both out of
state so I would assume responsibility of tax/title/license back in my home state)

Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Smile

Well it would depend on if the Dealer would work with you on the Price? And provide some kinda Warraunty ? Are they both 2.4 4cly? Or is the 2013 a V6? I like the Body Style of the 2014 but it Sounds like the 2013 is a nicer one with the Moon Roof

Old 10-01-2015, 01:00 PM

Both carry over factory warranty...

I'm torn between the 2 generations... Like the sharper lines of the 2013 but I like the gass mileage, safety ratings of the 2014

Old 10-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Smile

Yeah,,, I Know what you mean I had a 2013 GT park next to my 015 and I must Say my 015 Copper was Pretty Sharp!! But the GT was Just as Sharp!! It was a Dark Blue! What Colors are they? Sounds like you Found your Outlander , it's Good to have More Then One to Choose From. I would test out Both of them , mine is Getting 27.4 city& Hwy so far , but I only have 800 miles on it so far.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:55 PM

The 2013 is dark blue
The 2014 is white

Downside.... 200+ miles away so can't just go test drive whenever....

Quick Reply: Considering 2013 Outlander GT