Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Volvo RTI MMM2001P 2014 maps in Mitsubishi Outlander MMCS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Exclamation Volvo RTI MMM2001P 2014 maps in Mitsubishi Outlander MMCS?

The GOOD NEWS: Volvo RTI MMM2001P 2014 maps (as well as previous versions of course) ARE made from NavteQ and share common format with the outlander Navteq maps. The volvo systems is a bit different. It is based on a DVD system with 3 different DVDs for each region
Disk C: CZE,DEU,GRC,HRV,ITA,LIE,HUN,POL,SMR,CHE,SVN,SVK,VA T,AUT
Disc B: BEL,CZE,DNK,DEU,LUX,NLD,NOR,POL,SVK,FIN,SWE,AUT
Disc A: AND,CHA,ENG,ESP,FRA,GIB,IRL,MAN,MCO,GBR,PRT,SCO,WA L

The Map data exists in both cases ind form of two O.1+O.2 files as well as an IDX folder than contains index of of POIS Street Names Junction etc.. In both cases the number of the POI files MATCHES THE NUMBER OF COVERED COUNTRIES. Outlander has 44 POI idx files where each Volvo disc has less pe the 3rd disc has 13 poi idx files.
The REST file structure is similar with the existence of three extra files in the Volvo dvd: One Loading.kwi (which actually also exists in MMCS HDD but in another partition) a Param.kwi and a Startup.me. These most probably are needed for the DVD to load, something thta MMCS doesn't need...
All other files in volvo DVD have similar filenames and actually the VOLVO INDEXDAT.KWI has the Mitsubsi outlander header... although that the time stamps in Volvo unit are of 2014...
''CTR1.220003 $G MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORPORATION  – 3 6 2 Ξ EU POI SEARCH ''
Even the voice files are not only similar in their names BUT THEY ALSO HAVE THE SAME FILE SIZE!!!
THE BAD news: I performed several mixed files copies from each version in order to make the system boot without any luck! Actually COPING THE WHOLE FILE DIRECTORY from Volvo rti disk works BUT YOU CAN'T ENTER THE NAVIGATION AS THE Language selector button is MISPLACED (different place than the original button in the MMCS) and being so isGrayed out !!
You can choose the language but you cannot press the YES button... On the other hand ANY other portional file copy (pe keeping the *.kwi files and only copying the map files IDX folder O.1 O.2) PREVENTS SYSTEM FROM BOOTING
I tried more than ten times possible mixed stractures without any luck. (I even bricked a Fujitsu IDE drive-don't use them as they cannot be unlocked with the proposed unlock disk..._) My idea is that the Volvo RTI has different screen resolution parameters and some from the *.kwi files need patching.... somethng that I cannot do..
I am just posting this for anyone else that wants to work in the project (I will send an email to otaku).
The Volvo RTI maps have better coverage for all counties as the Volvo RTI uses a total of 15+gb instead of the 8+GB of Mitsubishi (excluding common voice and *.kwi files)
The first step would be to make bootable versions of each disc in MMCS and a second MAJOR STEP would be to combine ALL THREE disks in the same 20GB MMCS drive..
For our friends from Russia the same should be for them also but they need to look for the Russian Volvo RTI disks .

Fow anyone that wants to test I can provide the Volvo RTI maps .. Just send an email with the request...

Last edited by doctorC; 12-08-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Interesting. HJB has been working on the same in NZ. Recently, we purchased the latest maps and he is working on a few small issues to get working properly. Might be a good idea to contact him and put your heads together.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:22 PM

Jim I will also send a PM to HJB and see if he has mad any progress...

Old 12-07-2014, 09:31 PM

He has been away for the last couple of weeks so may not get an immediate reply. I flicked him an email as I supported his project since nobody was making progress on NZ maps. Its not a money making project but we did fork out some cash to purchase new maps.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:39 PM

BenCkj thanks... With HJB's advice I finally managed to make it work...!!! I have tried it today and Guidance/voice files work ok....

Old 12-27-2014, 08:00 AM

I have done further testing on a 350km trip to Greece and the map is properly updated with the new motorways (2010 original mitsu maps weren't). Guidance poies still work ok.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:23 AM

That's good news. Heard you were cooresponding and swapping ideas. I'm waiting for an updated HDD to give mine a go. Nice to see progress on this with possible closure on MMCS conversion.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:05 AM

Hello
I was trying the same thing and I may help, or need help.
Navigation For Turkey - Troubleshooting - Project Lancer
I wanna make it work for my country Turkey, which is not possible using MMCS maps (since there is no map for Turkey), but there is a Volvo RTI map for my country.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 AM
HJB

Originally Posted by RocKWooD
Hello
I wanna make it work for my country Turkey, which is not possible using MMCS maps (since there is no map for Turkey), but there is a Volvo RTI map for my country.
Sent you a PM. Let us know how you go.

I will post instructions on purchasing legit maps and a how-to later... especially for people in NZ as there is no Mitzi support for MMCS for Kiwi's.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:51 PM
HJB

Originally Posted by RocKWooD
Hello
Well, we hit a roadblock with this last week. Turkey maps are not included in the Volvo RTI Europe (MMM/P2001) which are compatible with the HDD MMCS's. They are in MMM+ sadly. Anyone have any advice for RocKWooD?

Quick Reply: Volvo RTI MMM2001P 2014 maps in Mitsubishi Outlander MMCS?