Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dealer Transmission Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 AM
Default Dealer Transmission Service

How much should a Mitsubishi Dealership Transmission Fluid Service costs? 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS

Old 12-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Mitsi in NZ were going to charge me $540 to do the Outlander Sport CVT trans. This involved a full flush so 90% of the oil is changed, a new paper filter, and cleaning of the mesh filter.

Another Trans place done it for $400 for the same.

If you have the standard Trans on a 3 litre Outlander, then they can be flushed for about $160 over here.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM

Here in SC a fluid change is about $130, and if I remember correctly that is a drain and fill not a complete flush.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sic_Lucky
Here in SC a fluid change is about $130, and if I remember correctly that is a drain and fill not a complete flush.
Exactly. Dealer does a drain & fill for about $130-$140, which only gets 2.3 quarts out.

Find a mechanic that will change the fluid for you. Bring them the correct fluid. Service manual procedure is to pull the return line off the cooler and let it bleed out with engine on. Refill same amount and pull the line again until fluid pumps out fresh fluid. Refill with removed amount. Wipe hands. Takes about 7.5 quarts and gets almost all of it out. All volumes are done at same temp...so I do my flushes cold.

I've done it every 45k miles. Am now at 193k miles. Runs great.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
Exactly. Dealer does a drain & fill for about $130-$140, which only gets 2.3 quarts out.

Find a mechanic that will change the fluid for you. Bring them the correct fluid. Service manual procedure is to pull the return line off the cooler and let it bleed out with engine on. Refill same amount and pull the line again until fluid pumps out fresh fluid. Refill with removed amount. Wipe hands. Takes about 7.5 quarts and gets almost all of it out. All volumes are done at same temp...so I do my flushes cold.

I've done it every 45k miles. Am now at 193k miles. Runs great.
What type of fluid are you using these days?
I was doing some reading on earlier posts and I was going to try the Amsoil Signature Series unless I heard of something else that's trusted and cost effective.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:11 AM

I've been using DiaQueen ATF-J1 from the stealership as it wasn't too far away. Since my last change, I've moved, so I'm going to grab some Havoline off of Amazon.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
...I've done it every 45k miles. Am now at 193k miles. Runs great.
Yours is a v6 auto?
Have you ever replaced the internal filter? Or taken the cover off to inspect it?

I had the dealer transmission 'flush' at 90000 km and asked them about replacing the internal filter. They said they had never done it and couldn't tell me if it was like a traditional pan filter or not. They said it was available but weren't really keen to do it.

I intend to keep this car for quite a while (as the v6 petrol engine is not available here any more) and I don't want any transmission problems because of a filter that could have been replaced but wasn't.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:30 PM

V6 Auto. I've never taken the pan off the transmission...

Just for giggles, I looked at the service manual, no reference to a filter. I've checked RockAuto.com which usually has all sorts of parts...no reference to transmission filter.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:51 PM

Have a look at a Mitsubishi diagram. It is called Oil Strainer in the factory service manual. There is not a pan as such, it is the cover on the front side.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:03 AM
Default Cvt

2011 sport here with around 33k miles on it....I drained and refilled as per service manual . got about 5.3 quarts out ....im sure that is all the dealer will do.

Quick Reply: Dealer Transmission Service