Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Detailed Rear Camera Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Watever
Sorry to bring this back but I ordered an android head unit and rear camera.

I am a little worry on passing the cable in the front, isn't it a problem with the side pillar air bags ?
There's plenty space over there, just watch your cable not interfering with airbags.
You can follow the sunroof drain also going over there.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Default How to wire Pioneer camera to12-pin connector?

How to Install Pioneer ND-BC20pa?I am confused in terminology.Does "Camera Detect " mean reverse light connection? What does VCC mean? What need to be connected to the rear view camera connector beside video signal to pins1 and 6? Do I have to cut off all wires and leave just 3 or 4 wires or I have to splice my wires to existing harness? What is VCC 5.8v for? As far as I understand, it is supply for OEM camera. But because Pioneer camera needs 12V power, I'll feed fromm ACC. I need 5.8V to feed this circuit, where can I find it to bring into the connector? In short words :wfat wires have to be connected to pins #1 and 6 and do I need to remain all harness wires on it?

Attached Thumbnails  Detailed Rear Camera Installation-rear-view-camera-pinout.png  
Old 10-31-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mxms
Hello,

Thanks for the detailed instructions by everyone. I have an 08 Outlander (US) and successfully installed a backup camera over the weekend. The dealer quoted $900. I got the camera for $26 from Amazon. I tapped the backup lights for power and ran the video cable through the floor on the driver's side. I took photographs while I was doing this, and I'll put them next weekend (I still need to close up some panels on the hatch).

I have some 'after-the-fact' questions:

- While drilling holes at the back for the camera, I see the paint work chipped on the edges of the holes. Ofcourse this is not visible since its covered by the back plate eventually. Also, it was an expected side effect of drilling. How did others handle it? It is not an issue at the moment, but I want to make sure it doesn't spread or rust.

- This is not a big deal but while putting the MMCS back where it belongs, I dropped two screws in the cavity behind. I heard them fall somewhere with a clang. I was running out of daylight on Sunday so didn't open things up to look for them. I put new screws and sealed it up instead. If anyone else found themselves in this situation, what can I open to retrieve them? If it isn't going to a problem, should I just leave them wherever they are? I couldn't hear them while driving.

Thanks!!
Hi MXMS, I also have 2008 Outlander . I am trying to install Pioneer ND-BC20PA camera. It works when I connect it to the Back DVD player, but when I connect it to the MMCS directly, something goes wrong and it doesn't switch to rear comera view. Could you send me instructions or diagram for 12-pin camera connector? Which wires have to be cut, which of them spliced and how each of them them are connected ? I spent so much time and completely confused. I don't understand what does VCC means? How do I use it ? If I need to bring 6.5v to it where do I pick it up? The brain of the camera requires 10.5v power, so I fed it from cigarette lighter. Do I still need 6.5v for MMCS rear view camera?
I am sorry if I asked some stupid questions, but I am completely confused.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 PM

I know its old... dont remember which place I found the answer on this forum but if u guys have a aftermarket rear camera and search for the oem rear camera lead its the white one (#2) on one of the terminal...

I didnt make all the radio installation in my car but the guys didnt plug the reverse gear lead... So I plugged the reverse gear lead on the white cable on the second useless terminal and now, when i switch to "Reverse", the screen switch to the camera

(i say useless cause i got the stock radio, not the touchscreen so one of the terminal will be useless)

I have a Outlander 2008 with a Pioneer AVX-5500BT

If I can help anyone I will be happy to try

Old 03-04-2018, 01:34 AM

Thanks rdenis! I used your writeup info to do my own install 2 years ago.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:52 AM

i also want to do this, but seems too difficult for me

Old 03-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Default Panel over registration plate

Once you remove the inside rear hatch panel, there are a number of nuts and two bolts that need to be removed in order to remove the exterior plastic trim piece. In order to access all the bolts, you will need to remove the rear wiper motor mount bolts and then rotate the wiper motor assembly.

Attachment 11302

Just tried following this part. Managed to get the trim off, indo the 3 retaining screws and the screws holding the wiper motor on. When I tried to remove the screws holding the outer part off, one screw snapped at the first turn and the other just spins in place. Any suggestions? ( I haven't tried to force anything as I've only had the car a couple of weeks and don't want to break it)

Old 06-11-2022, 08:18 AM

Can’t seem to see the rest of the wiring part. Confused as to which wire I use for the reverse camera wire please help

Old 08-18-2022, 03:18 AM
Smile

Hi guys,
I've connected a camera to my mmcs E-01 in pajero IV however there seams to be no reverse signal coming to the unit.
Picture is on only when checked in settings mode, camera is detected.
It looks like that: Photos

Can I connect it somewhere to force display? Please help
Cheers Mike

Old 08-26-2022, 04:19 PM
HJB

Originally Posted by vanos
Hi guys,
I've connected a camera to my mmcs E-01 in pajero IV however there seams to be no reverse signal coming to the unit.
Picture is on only when checked in settings mode, camera is detected.
It looks like that: Photos

Can I connect it somewhere to force display? Please help
Cheers Mike
Dammit I did this a while back but cannot remember. Try this thread. Test voltage on #2 in and out of reverse.

Maybe look into his solution as it would be more fun switching on the cam whenever you want to.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...57/#post261902