Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Default Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring

Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring?

I have been looking for more images of the backside of the center console for the 2008 Outlander. I was able to find some images of the 2003 and 2007 but not from the 2008.

Supposedly the D117 is the 12v power cable and the D118 is the RCA audio/video cable. However, I know that some models include a third wire which is another 12v cable for a 3 prong outlet inside the console.

Thanks in advanced

Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring

Are you sure that some have the extra cable? The built in 110V outlet could be fed by the same wire as the 12V DC outlet.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 AM

Ive seen a couple people now say they have them but ive looked through the service manual and there is no indication of parts for this feature and none of the websites from mits show it.

The only spot that i have seen one was on a website review of the car and yet other reviews make statements that it would be nice if one had been included. Does anyone on the forum have one with this feature installed if so can you provide the details of what packages you had added as I would like to add this feature into my car but cant for the life of me find the part numbers that go with this.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:08 AM

I don't have it, but I know that in Canada you got it with the (NAV/entertainment) package, it's a $4000 package here in Canada. I assume that they included it in this package because they figured that you would be more likely to need it for things such as video gamesthat kids could playin the back seat.
I looked into it a while ago but the parts guy at my dealer wasn't very helpfull, he kept telling me that I could only get it if I got the package, and I kept asking him, what they would do if they had to replace a deffective power inverter ona car that had the packege, after going in circlesa few times, I gave up.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 AM

Well my original idea was to go to Walmart and buy one of those $15 "no name brand" 12v to 110-250v adaptors (the ones that come with a black 3 prong face plate), crack the case open pull the circuit out and install it inside the console. At least in my mind it should look like the picture azchipka is showing. However, if the 2008 model doesn't have that capability then there is no point on me ripping the entire back console open.

Since the Japanese model and the North American model are made in the same factory, they both have the same wiring but not the same installed features. That said, for us in North America it should be pretty easy to "hack" the outlander to be more like the Japanese model.

Such as the Cooler in the top glove compartment available in the Japanese model, it's still in the American model all you have to do is drill the right holes and add the transparent cap which connects the closest air vent (that would be the left) to the glove compartment. I haven't found the part numbers for the cap yet which also works as an air regulator too. The cool thing about this cooler is that in the summer it chills the water and in the winter it keeps your canned coffee, any beverage, or anything you put in there warm.

At least that's my dream to have something like that...lol

I have also heard that the wires for the automatic backseat folding are still there, the only thing missing is the switch...

Old 09-11-2008, 12:55 PM

the inverter socket is p/n mn141360 currently there is just one available in the US

Old 09-11-2008, 01:06 PM

mitsupartsman, of the image of azchipka, the socket PN MN141360 is the one of the three pins or the one that has the cover with white letters?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Dear mitsupartsman.com

I am guessing there is a 3rd plug there?

thanks

Old 09-11-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Shambala

Such as the Cooler in the top glove compartment available in the Japanese model, it's still in the American model all you have to do is drill the right holes and add the transparent cap which connects the closest air vent (that would be the left) to the glove compartment. I haven't found the part numbers for the cap yet which also works as an air regulator too. The cool thing about this cooler is that in the summer it chills the water and in the winter it keeps your canned coffee, any beverage, or anything you put in there warm.

I have also heard that the wires for the automatic backseat folding are still there, the only thing missing is the switch...
Can anyone one provide the part number for the cap for the upper glove box. Anyone able to confirm the wiring is in place on the US model xls for the fold down seat switch, if so anyone got the part number?

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

the inverter socket is p/n mn141360 currently there is just one available in the US
Does that include the housing for around it or does the entire center storage need to be replaced? You know the price on this?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Let's not forget about the LS model too
ORIGINAL: azchipka

ORIGINAL: Shambala

Can anyone one provide the part number for the cap for the upper glove box. Anyone able to confirm the wiring is in place on the US model xls for the fold down seat switch, if so anyone got the part number?

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

Does that include the housing for around it or does the entire center storage need to be replaced? You know the price on this?

Quick Reply: Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring