Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2014 Rear Brake parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Default 2014 Rear Brake parts

Hi all-

Has anyone else had problems finding rear pads and rotors?

I have a 2014 Outlander SE AWD that I am trying to replace the rear brakes on. However, it seems I cannot get the right parts. I first ordered:

Dura International BR900594 Rear Solid Disc Brake Rotor

which were solid rotors but the offset was over an inch too large.

Then, I found:

Duralast 43153

The offset was right, but these are vented, not solid!

Furthermore, the brake pads all the local shops show me don't work either. They usually consist of one pad that has tabs to hold it into the caliper bracket while the pad that is moved by the caliper uses clips instead of a tab.

Is there a model year part shift I am not aware of? Does anyone have a good source for these parts where I will get the right parts? It seems parts for the outlander sport seem closer than the parts on my car.

Here are the Mitsubishi part numbers. I got the rotor number off the rotors on the car today.

4605A802 - pads
4615A125 - rotors

I would like to not have to pay dealer prices.

Any help would be great.

thanks

Old 08-30-2016, 11:14 AM

rotors: 2014 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4L L4 Rotor | RockAuto

brake pads:
2014 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4L L4 Brake Pad | RockAuto

honestly, I'm a big fan of wagner products.

The Duralast 43153 are rotors for the front.
Duralast Brake Rotor 43153- ReadReviews onDuralast #43153

no clue about the Dura rotors....amazon says it fits my '07

Old 05-04-2017, 09:38 AM

So, I just took my 2014 2.4L AWD Outlander to the dealer today for an oil change (only because I had a coupon), and as part of their complimentary inspection, they informed me that the rear brakes need to be replaced. They also tried to tell me that there are no aftermarket brake parts for this vehicle, and I had to have it done at the dealer. I say BS. What are they talking about?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Stealerships, honesty is optional.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by jsevinsk
So, I just took my 2014 2.4L AWD Outlander to the dealer today for an oil change (only because I had a coupon), and as part of their complimentary inspection, they informed me that the rear brakes need to be replaced. They also tried to tell me that there are no aftermarket brake parts for this vehicle, and I had to have it done at the dealer. I say BS. What are they talking about?
Ahahahahaha... wtf have I been putting on my vehicle for the past 150k miles??
Originally Posted by slorimer
Stealerships, honesty is optional.
Exactly.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:49 PM

I bought Wagners front and rear. Install it without problems, braking feels better than with original pads. I would go with them again.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Hi,

I have an outlander 2014 as well (ES FWD 2.4L) and the rear right emergency brake actuator on the caliper is stuck (I can move it but I need to put a lot of force with vise-grip).

From what I understand I'll have to change the whole caliper, but like the OP, I have a hard time finding a reliable source of parts.

For example, the outlander is badly referenced in canadian tire's computer system, the rear disk and caliper they have for it is just not a fit.

Rockauto has centric 141.63537 as the right part.....but it seems to be a very common part for jeeps, chryslers, etc... and from what I see it is supposed to go with a drum-based emergency brake.

Centric website gives a different part for it 141.46561, but I can't find a source anywhere for it.

Any suggestions ?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM

I have the Canadian model 2014 Outlander ES V6 AWD.

The Mitsubishi OEM p/n for my rear pads is 4605A802, and just FYI I put on a pair of Wagner QC1679 ThermoQuiets (Ceramic) on in August 2016, and by December 2017 they were worn all the way to the metal! Lasted barely 16 months. I had paid CAD$85 taxes in at a local parts store... I just realized Amazon.ca has them for CAD$49.

Canadian Tire has Wagner OE for CAD$55+tx, but they're not as good as the Wagner ThermoQuiets supposedly.

I had bought Brembo pads for the front when they were on special a few months ago at Canadian Tire, so I'm gonna try putting on Brembo P61111 pads, which the Brembo website (https://www.bremboparts.com/asiapaci...3w/000056334-1) says is
a replacement for the Mitsubishi rear pad OEM p/n (4605A802). Problem is I haven't been able to find those anywhere in North America.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:42 PM

I'm glad they recalled my 2014 Outlander for the rear calipers (the emergency brake actuator arm) !

I got them rebuild last year and noticed this winter that the emergency brake actuator was getting stuck again ! (POS design....), I was happy to receive the letter this spring to go to the dealer for a replacement of the rear calipers....I hope they modified enough the design for it to be reliable this time.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Question

Originally Posted by HyeProfile
I have the Canadian model 2014 Outlander ES V6 AWD.

The Mitsubishi OEM p/n for my rear pads is 4605A802, and just FYI I put on a pair of Wagner QC1679 ThermoQuiets (Ceramic) on in August 2016, and by December 2017 they were worn all the way to the metal! Lasted barely 16 months. I had paid CAD$85 taxes in at a local parts store... I just realized Amazon.ca has them for CAD$49.

Canadian Tire has Wagner OE for CAD$55+tx, but they're not as good as the Wagner ThermoQuiets supposedly.

I had bought Brembo pads for the front when they were on special a few months ago at Canadian Tire, so I'm gonna try putting on Brembo P61111 pads, which the Brembo website (https://www.bremboparts.com/asiapaci...3w/000056334-1) says is
a replacement for the Mitsubishi rear pad OEM p/n (4605A802). Problem is I haven't been able to find those anywhere in North America.

You bought REAR pads..and they only lasted 16 months?..down to the metal?..wow...they had to be installed incorrectly to wear that quickly..unless you drive with your brake pedal and gas ( 2 foot driver)
In my experience...I change 2 sets of front pads to 1 set of rear pads..generally..under normal city/hwy driving...just my 2 cents.

Also I do a brake service every 48,000km front and rear.

Quick Reply: 2014 Rear Brake parts