Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Default RE: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

'kay..
Crappy weekend, but heres a teaser .
http://www.takingthingsapart.org/ind...&Itemid=82
It won't let you do anythign usefuly, but it should give you some Idea of what I'm trying to do..
And yes : everything will be editable when it comes to final release.
atb.
O.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Otaku

'kay..
It won't let you do anythign usefuly, but it should give you some Idea of what I'm trying to do..
atb.
O.
Heh, I have no idea what I just looked at but I'm thrilled to see you're making progress.

Talk about a crappy weekend, the windshield on my '09 Lancer just cracked spontaneously tonight... I could really use some sweet, sweet techie loving right about now. Best estimates I'm finding onlinehave this repair atabout $300. *grumble*

Keep going, Otaku!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM

sayen can you explain more detailed how you did the downgrade and whitch car
just copy paste the file from the iso onto the hd?
i get error while unpacking the rar? ist that normal? it unrars but is teh file ok?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: azchipka

I dont have one yet but I do have one on order. This is the unit being sold in Japan for the MMC to have an ipod connected to it. The cruchfield website says it wont work in the outlander but that said it was only $50 so I have ordered on anyways and hope for the best. Ill post an update once it has arrived and I have it installed and working (hopefully).
How'd this work out for you? I'm interested to see if it will work on my model.

'kay..
atb.
O.
Does anyone else feel smart most of the time and then feel like an idiot when they look at themselves in comparison to Otaku?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Hi Brian, Otaku, rcostin and all,
Tomake a patch CD iso, is it required to get LOADING.KWI file from HD or patch can be made from using LOADING.KWI in dealer update CD. I want to use this DVD in motion patch approach for different head unit made by MELCO. Is it require to take the HD out, find the password and get the file.
Thanks.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 PM

If you have a patch CD from Mitsubishi that contains a LOADING.KWI file, I don't see any reason why you would have to remove the hard drive (unless something goes wrong). Just make the patch from the file on the dealer update CD and burn to a new CD with the original update disc's alldata.kwi file (and any others).

Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 PM

If MELCO has software updates available there should be something similar to a loading.kwi file on the factory CD/DVD upgrade.

The problem may be that MELCO uses some other proprietary software, file format... etc.

I'm not the genius that Otaku is (far from it) but I'm not sure a Mitsu hack is going to work on another head unit straight out of the box. There's a ton of code in the Mitsu head unitto deal with all the great interaction between the MCSS and the auto (BCM interface, enviornment sensors, Sirius controls, etc) that another head unit may not know what to do with.

I'd think you'd have to start from scratch with a MELCO system file and start your own hack.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM

Minor update to the viewer..
Autopatch seems to work ok..
I still haven't enabled the save though.. :P
Added a couple of options to the "tools" menu that might prove interesting to some.
atb.
O.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM

Bravo we shall contribute.....

Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Minor update to the viewer..
Autopatch seems to work ok..
I still haven't enabled the save though.. :P
Added a couple of options to the "tools" menu that might prove interesting to some.
atb.
O.
Looks cool so far Some of those "opening" GIF images in the filesystem are animated GIFs, so might look for an animated GIF viewer in the app.
Looking at the string tables, is fun! Can't wait to get an editor for them!

Also, so far the app seems to work just fine in Linux under Wine, so I guess that makes it somewhat cross-platform

Quick Reply: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM