Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

"eco" mode

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Default "eco" mode

Driving my new Outlander 2010(2011) 2.4 CVT for almost a week and noticed that sometimes computer shows "eco" with black font on green background just below outside temperature. My car manual is in finnish and I don't really speak any finnish. Does anyone know whats that? Is that some sort of economical mode? What triggers it and how much lower fuel consumptions when it's shown on display?
Thanks.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dubik
Driving my new Outlander 2010(2011) 2.4 CVT for almost a week and noticed that sometimes computer shows "eco" with black font on green background just below outside temperature. My car manual is in finnish and I don't really speak any finnish. Does anyone know whats that? Is that some sort of economical mode? What triggers it and how much lower fuel consumptions when it's shown on display?
Thanks.
I have English and French manual and there is definitely no mention of Eco mode there.
Maybe that's something new for 2011 model year?

Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
I have English and French manual and there is definitely no mention of Eco mode there.
Maybe that's something new for 2011 model year?
Thanks for checking! Dealer told me that there is no big difference between Y11 and Y10 models. There is just color of small thing and another small thing which he forgot.

Here is a picture of that "eco"

Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 AM

Thanks for checking! Dealer told me that there is no big difference between Y11 and Y10 models. There is just color of small thing and another small thing which he forgot.

Here is a picture of that "eco"
Never seen anything like that on my Outlander.
Could it be Europe-only feature?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Is it an ECO mode for the AC, I had this on a X Type Jag it would cut in ever so often especially in the winter.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 AM

I have it on almost all the time. It hides only when I stop. Also if I accelerate fairly quickly (there is still a lot of snow here) it stays on the screen.
Finland is quite paranoic about ecology, engine sizes and so on, I wouldn't be surprised if mitsu made that thing to get through some ecological authority inspection...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 AM

It certainly isn't very economical when using 19.1L/100km with a 2.4L engine and CVT. My 3.0L V6 uses that much when I leave it out in the cold all day on my short 15 min 100% city commute.
It's got to be a Euro only feature relating to something other than fuel consumption. Although the fuel consumption guage seems to have the same green colour.

On a related note, how come your dashboard doesn't have a diesel glow plug icon? My 08 Outlander, which isn't even sold with a diesel here, has it. I'm sure the 2011 Outlander has a diesel option...

Last edited by ivanz; 12-16-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
It certainly isn't very economical when using 19.1L/100km with a 2.4L engine and CVT. My 3.0L V6 uses that much when I leave it out in the cold all day on my short 15 min 100% city commute.
It's got to be a Euro only feature relating to something other than fuel consumption. Although the fuel consumption guage seems to have the same green colour.
It's interesting that you made a conclusion about fuel consumption based on one picture
Average fuel consumption indicator resets itself after 4 hours, and I left my home 4 minutes ago. Av. fuel consumptions starts from 70-80l/100km then it drops to 11 and comes back to 13 in the city.

Originally Posted by ivanz
On a related note, how come your dashboard doesn't have a diesel glow plug icon? My 08 Outlander, which isn't even sold with a diesel here, has it. I'm sure the 2011 Outlander has a diesel option...
Thats because it's not diesel but gasoline 2.4l

Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM

It's interesting that you made a conclusion about fuel consumption based on one picture
Average fuel consumption indicator resets itself after 4 hours, and I left my home 4 minutes ago. Av. fuel consumptions starts from 70-80l/100km then it drops to 11 and comes back to 13 in the city.
Yes, as I said, on my very short commute, I get around 20-24L/100km within minutes. It may show 80 L for like 20-30 seconds, but goes down after that.

Regardless, please re-read my post.

Thats because it's not diesel but gasoline 2.4l
Yes, I know, please re-read my post.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 AM

I have a 2.4 petrol 2011 2wd and don't have it on mine.
Also get the 40-50L per 100km for a minute then drops down to lower numbers and after 5 minutes or less its around the right figures.
Never ever have it over 11L freeway or traffic .......on my 140km per day commute I even can get it in the 6.8L per hundred on the freeway ,but normaly between 7L- 9L per 100km ..its AWSOME on fuel for a large car.

Quick Reply: "eco" mode