Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks Vadimus for the info and your effort.

Purchased... (4 Aug)

Should receive soon.

Job to do:
Kill frost warning if possible
Get rid of TPMS in winter only (NOT mandatory in Canada)
Play with other settings

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Thanks Vadimus for the info and your effort.

Purchased... (4 Aug)

Should receive soon.

Job to do:
Kill frost warning if possible
Get rid of TPMS in winter only (NOT mandatory in Canada)
Play with other settings
Frost warning cannot be disabled but there are about 5 options to choose from (we have "North America" selected).

Be careful playing with settings, I've seen "4WD Failure", "ASC Service Required" and several other nice messages same time. Luckily I managed to fix it.

I've found the rear fog light activation - though I still need to put the bulb and wire, the relay is clicking when activated by twisting fog light ring forward second time - I believe we MUST have this option during our winters.

I'd need a volunteer with a pre-2010 Outlander to see if some of the options can be activated on it too - do you know EVERY Outlander has built-in factory alarm? And there are lots of options like that!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:54 PM

Very nice find!
Can we get a guide? i.e what 5 digit number to enter, screenshots of the features that can be enabled/disabled.
I am guessing the 4WD service required occured when you disabled S-AWC, which was an option since the 2007 ECU.
It will most likely work for a 2007 and later, as the ECU is virtually unchanged. I would want to enable idle neutral logic maybe, because I hate the vibration during the winter while the car is stopped/warming up. Likewise, I would like to be able to roll up/down windows by remote if possible.

Last edited by ivanz; 08-06-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Very nice find!
Can we get a guide? i.e what 5 digit number to enter, screenshots of the features that can be enabled/disabled.
I am guessing the 4WD service required occured when you disabled S-AWC, which was an option since the 2007 ECU.
It will most likely work for a 2007 and later, as the ECU is virtually unchanged. I would want to enable idle neutral logic maybe, because I hate the vibration during the winter while the car is stopped/warming up.
4WD and other error messages showed up when I created inconsistency between different ECU modules.
No way I would disable S-AWC, I've overpaid quite a lot to get it

As for neutral logic - it is not working while car is warming up, probably to speed up engine warming and warm up transmission too.

Here is the list similar (but not identical) to the one I get:
CUSTOMISE FUNCTION

Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
4WD and other error messages showed up when I created inconsistency between different ECU modules.
No way I would disable S-AWC, I've overpaid quite a lot to get it

As for neutral logic - it is not working while car is warming up, probably to speed up engine warming and warm up transmission too.

Here is the list similar (but not identical) to the one I get:
CUSTOMISE FUNCTION

Too bad about the idle one, I guess its due to emissions laws.
Here is the full coding list for a Euro one with the default settings:
CODING LIST

Someone mentioned they changed the ECU to Euro region and gained a bunch of settings (way back, someone in the states?). Not sure its worth risking, though...

Old 08-06-2011, 12:26 AM

As for closing windows/sunroof I did not succeed so far, but that's one of my goals.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 AM

So how did you find that 5 digit code?
Another exciting option is DRL modes (according to Lancer manual), which lets you use fog lights as DRLs if you set "fog light mode" to IndependantDRL/P. This saves you from having to buy relays/solder stuff. You are right in the newer ones its called ESS, but I guess in the older ECU or in Euro ECUs it is called the other one as you can see in my link.
Edit: Looked into the Outlander RVR (Sport) service manual, and it says "ESS ECU" as an option. Perhaps an extra module is needed for it to be enabled...also the RVR has an "auto door lock enable/disable" feature. I don't see it in the Outlander at all.

Last edited by ivanz; 08-06-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 AM

Please note this post is related to obsolete Lexia Office software, use Diagbox instead

So how did you find that 5 digit code?
Another exciting option is DRL modes (according to Lancer manual), which lets you use fog lights as DRLs if you set "fog light mode" to IndependantDRL/P. This saves you from having to buy relays/solder stuff. You are right in the newer ones its called ESS, but I guess in the older ECU or in Euro ECUs it is called the other one as you can see in my link.
Edit: Looked into the Outlander RVR (Sport) service manual, and it says "ESS ECU" as an option. Perhaps an extra module is needed for it to be enabled...also the RVR has an "auto door lock enable/disable" feature. I don't see it in the Outlander at all.
I already activated door autolock (at about 20 kmh).

One good guy on Russian site gave me the code, actually I'd found it by myself if I google a bit longer.
As even MMCS unlock code was made public I cannot hide it anymore
Code is 03114.

Last edited by Vadimus; 10-31-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 AM

Thanks for the code/screenshots
I wonder if this works on the Lancer/EVO/RVR, which is the same basic ECU. However, it might check for the Outlander code or only know about its options.
That also brings up another point. That interface looks very simular to the MUT Tool one. Perhaps we can use the MUT III software with it? There is an ISO posted somewhere on this forum for the 2007 Euro model, I believe that has the complete software (not just manual).

Old 08-06-2011, 01:53 AM

Perhaps we can use the MUT III software with it?
I wish we could... But no way, it is the completely different piece of hardware.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization