Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by edifice
This connection is used only in Pajero models, with original amplifier. 5.1 sound or digital signal to amp. is delivered via this cable!
Do You have any description of signals there? Where I can find anything about that?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Hi all,

I just bought an Outlander 08 Diamond here in the UK and it has the RES system installed. I can listen to the DVD being played in the RES by selecting the AUX input on the MMCS, does this mean I have the necessary wiring harness already installed to connect the rest of the wires required to view the DVD being played in the RES on the MMCS screen (and VISA VERSA)? It is not clear from this tread if you can get the sound working via the AUX input on the MMCS if the wiring exists to get the video displayed also?

Regards

Greg

Old 07-17-2012, 04:45 AM

Where can I buy the rse from? Anyone selling any or?

Old 05-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Smile in-dash navigation for Pajero

Hello!
I have a 2013 pajero with Rockford audio system, and would like to put a navigation system and DVD, as peioneer or kenwood.
Someone can tell me if there are Some compatible and easy to connect without problems and cable and size?
best regards

Old 01-03-2015, 02:35 AM

Dear all,
i recently bought a Japanese Import Mitsubishi Outlander with J01 MMCS and also has RES but my problem is that i cant use the RES. i can switch it on CD or DVD goes in but nothing happens on the screen. i would like to make it work even on its own. i want to use it for my kids to watch cartoons on long distance trips. i also got one broken IR headphone. the power light comes on and once CD/DVD is in that light also comes on but no life in the monitor

Old 12-21-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by mitsupartsman.com
if you want the rear display to communicate with the MMCS you can purchase this harness for $104.29.

I just installed the factory RES system in my '12 GT and went with the harness mentioned above (part #8528A023). The cheapest I could find it was double what it cost back in 2008 when it came out. The harness takes the place of the one that is already in the roof as well as the two small harnesses that come in the installation kit for the RES. Both plugs that connect to the RES are already made on to this harness. It wasn't fun installing this harness as you can see in the pics below, but it isn't more than a couple of hours worth of work. The tupperware on the B pillar needs to be removed along with the drivers seat. The harness routes from the RES to the B pillar, down the B pillar to the floor, forward along the inside of the rocker panel and over to front center of the floor under the drivers seat and carpet. It plugs into the big white connector in the photo below. You can follow the routing of the existing harness as this one just takes its place. A nice benefit (other than just the audio over the car speakers) is that the NAV unit and RES now communicate back and forth on everything except NAV and backup camera. I can play a DVD from the front and it shows on the RES screen and vice versa. Rear seat occupants can also see the radio stations, CD, etc. on the rear screen and change stations, advance tracks, etc. with the remote.

Attached Thumbnails  Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS-img_3441.jpg    Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS-img_3440.jpg