Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fast Key Battery Question for 07's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Default Fast Key Battery Question for 07's

Probably some of you have changed your battery for your fast key, so I just want to ask how did you do it? Just open up the fob, and buy the same battery and replace it? Should be pretty easy I guess?

This morning, I start the Outie, and the dash displayed, KEY LOW BATTERY. I had it for around 2 years now, and its probably time to change it.

Anyone done this, please give in some advice.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM

Hi. I don`t had replace my battery, but it's easy. Here the procedure:
First, remove the emergency key
Second,
Name:  Imagen1-17.jpg
Views: 3718
Size:  16.2 KB
Place a flat-tipped screwdriver wrapped with protective tape as shown in the figure, and lever the keyless operation key to remove

Name:  Imagen2-9.jpg
Views: 3930
Size:  15.5 KB
Install a new battery with the positive side facing toward the lower cover.
Replacement battery: Coin-type lithium battery CR2032

CAUTION. Do not allow water or dust to enter the inside of the transmitter assembly when it is open. Also, do not touch the precision electronic device.

I hope this help you

Last edited by jsrd; 09-13-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:01 PM

jsrd,
Is there anything you don't have a diagram for?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:07 AM

Hey rip14, this information is in the service manual here, in mitsubishiforum, so, this way I obtained all diagrams

Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM

My key gave me the low-battery warning and died before I could replace it. Now I replaced the battery, and the red lights on the fob flash when pressing the lock/unlock buttons, but it does nothing to the car. Could it have lost its programming? The dealer told me last time I was in there that changing the battery doesn't require reprogramming. I sure hope not, as my nearest dealer is more than 100 miles away after the local place dumped the brand. Any suggestions to get it working? Do locksmiths program these keys?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 AM

you need the dealer to reprogram it.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
Well, maybe, but it's sort of working. It won't open the doors when I press the buttons on the fob unless I'm sitting in the car and hold the button for a good five seconds. And the doors won't open with the key in my pocket and pulling on the outside handle. And the car barely recognizes the key to start the car unless I hold it very close to the ignition. It does beep at me, however, if I step away from the car with the key and the engine running.

It also doesn't give me the "key battery low" warning, so something is goofy here. I saw in another related key thread that somebody's key with a new battery slowly started working, but wasn't fully functional right away.

These keys really are a racket. My dealer pulls up stakes and my only option is to drive a hundred miles for reprogramming?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

Yup and they will charge you $45.00 US for less than 15 minutes of work to program it.......sheesh

Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM

I've had a similar issue in the past. Turned out the new battery was actually bad.

You might want to try another new battery, before you shell out the money to the dealer.

Get a good one, not a cheap knock off

Old 01-08-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
NO you dont. After 3 1/2 years of having the Outtie, I finally just replaced the batteries in both fob's. They will last a while even when the dash says low battery. I replaced them at my local grocery store for $4-6 for a pair of them. I opened the fob, replaced the battery and went on using it with out any problems.

I had always heard that it was expensive if you have the dealer do it. Oh my, what a racket. I just did this like last week, one of the easiest things Ive done LOL.

EDIT: PS its been a while since ive been on here... good to catch up

Quick Reply: Fast Key Battery Question for 07's