Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Front pillar trim removal on Outlander III (2013MY)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Default Front pillar trim removal on Outlander III (2013MY)

Hi,

Can anybody suggest how to remove the front pillar trim? The plastic panel as shown in picture. I know it is attached at two points but I am afraid to break it if pulled out. Have anybody done it? I need to put some wiring behind this trim.

Attached Thumbnails Front pillar trim removal on Outlander III (2013MY)-outlander.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 AM

I just used a plastic lever to pull off the door seal rubber (watch where you grab it as the hollow section tears easily). Then the panel can be pulled off with your fingers. It is only held on with clips and it slots into the dashboard at it's base.
Careful around the curtain airbags in there, if you are running cable make sure it is run against the pillar and can't interfere with the discharge of the airbag into the cabin if it ever needs to happen.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by aargee
I just used a plastic lever to pull off the door seal rubber (watch where you grab it as the hollow section tears easily). Then the panel can be pulled off with your fingers. It is only held on with clips and it slots into the dashboard at it's base.
Careful around the curtain airbags in there, if you are running cable make sure it is run against the pillar and can't interfere with the discharge of the airbag into the cabin if it ever needs to happen.

Thanks! I will try.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:08 PM

Finally I've got a little time to put a cable behind the trim. As aargee mentioned, with a cheap plastic lever (see image) the trim pulled off easily. Indeed, with help of lever I pushed the trim from the side of a windshield, not rubber door seal. The trim has 2 clips: one at the top and the other one around its middle.

Attached Thumbnails Front pillar trim removal on Outlander III (2013MY)-tools.jpg