Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FUSE music via USB with Android phone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Default FUSE music via USB with Android phone?

I just bought a 2012 Outlander Sport, with the 710 watt RF stereo and FUSE. I was able to pair my phone via Bluetooth, but unable to play music stored on my phone (or streaming from Google Music), via the USB port in the center console. The Bluetooth voice lady tells me 'no usb device detected' or something similar.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (with a cooked ROM). Has anyone else used an Android phone as a USB music player?

Also, is Bluetooth a decent signal, or would the sound be better if I could use a USB cable instead of Bluetooth?

Would a USB device allow me to browse by artist? I can't figure out how to do that via Bluetooth.

Thanks for any help!

Dan in Mpls

Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Hello? Anybody?

I bumped this because I cannot see this post in the outlander forum. Is it invisible?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM

As far as I know, you cannot browse artists/play using voice commands over the bluetooth link. Voice and other advanced stuff works only with the USB input. I have to use my phone to get the browse by artist capability all other things like random play etc. I can't even see the artist/song on the dash - it just says BT AUDIO and that's it, whatever application I use to stream the audio over bluetooth.