Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Glove Box cooler/heater switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Ian
Default Glove Box cooler/heater switch

Anybody know where I can buy Glove Box cooler/heater switch ?

I know that I need this two parts :

Shut dial assembly p/n 8042A013
Shut dial hose p/n 7830A084

These 2 parts are not available in Canada and USA

Attached Thumbnails Glove Box cooler/heater switch-knobinstalled.jpg   Glove Box cooler/heater switch-5wj8n9.jpg  

Last edited by Ian; 08-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:40 PM

There is no separate switch for the cooler/heater glove box. The temperature control is basically your climate control (air conditioning). The parts in your post are needed just to divert hot or cold air to the glove box. Hope this helps.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Without doubt, in Japanparts.com - JDM Parts,Performance Auto Parts

For hose, japanparts part number is 403-032-004
For switch, japanparts part number is 403-038-001

Saludos

Old 08-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Ian

Thanks,
I checked in japanparts.com and it is 28.75$ CAD for the hose and
21.25$ CAD for the **** plus 17,95$ for the shipping.
I try to find these pieces elsewhere, but I think is the only place that sell this.

Last edited by Ian; 08-08-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:12 AM

after I saw your listing i decided to take a look in the upper glove box and I pulled the stereo out to see how can be done. I found some left over pipe from the kitchen sink and this is how I did mine:

The first time I bought 1.2 inch hose, 1/2 inch 90 and a sprinkler shut dial but it was too small in diameter and the air barely came true just when I had the vents closed. after that I used his pipe and now it does blow lots of air. the only thing is that I'm not able to shut it off just if i unscrew and put a cap instead of the ring.
If you do the same as I did you will need to cut the treads off from the pipe and than cut the pipe again right where the angle start and then glue the treads back ON. In this case you will not have a lot of pipe sticking out inside the glove box and the vent can go back in the place.
for the tip I used a suction cup for now untill I'm building a disk with a lot of holes that goes inside the ring.

hope that helps. It saved me $70 or maybe $65 cause I bought 2 feet 1/2 inch hose 1/2 inch 90 and the sprinkler shut dial that didn't work as good )

Attached Thumbnails Glove Box cooler/heater switch-img_0116.jpg   Glove Box cooler/heater switch-img_0117.jpg   Glove Box cooler/heater switch-img_0118.jpg   Glove Box cooler/heater switch-img_0119.jpg   Glove Box cooler/heater switch-img_0120.jpg  

Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ian
Thanks,
I checked in japanparts.com and it is 28.75$ CAD for the hose and
21.25$ CAD for the **** plus 17,95$ for the shipping.
I try to find these pieces elsewhere, but I think is the only place that sell this.
I got them a while ago from China, cost me about $20 CAD.

??|??-?EX|?? ??EX? ?EX?? ? ??

Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by greatcat
I got them a while ago from China, cost me about $20 CAD.

??|??-?EX|?? ??EX? ?EX?? ? ??
greatcat, you have a e-mail address from your seller contact in China? I want to get some parts of Chinese Outs but I haven´t been able to find a company as japanparts.

Saludos. . .

Old 09-01-2011, 12:25 PM

here is their email from the website:

?

I just want to clarify that I have nothing to do with them, but as my own experience and the discussions on the Chinese Forums, this guy seems honest to deal with.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ionicaw
after I saw your listing i decided to take a look in the upper glove box and I pulled the stereo out to see how can be done. I found some left over pipe from the kitchen sink and this is how I did mine:

The first time I bought 1.2 inch hose, 1/2 inch 90 and a sprinkler shut dial but it was too small in diameter and the air barely came true just when I had the vents closed. after that I used his pipe and now it does blow lots of air. the only thing is that I'm not able to shut it off just if i unscrew and put a cap instead of the ring.
If you do the same as I did you will need to cut the treads off from the pipe and than cut the pipe again right where the angle start and then glue the treads back ON. In this case you will not have a lot of pipe sticking out inside the glove box and the vent can go back in the place.
for the tip I used a suction cup for now untill I'm building a disk with a lot of holes that goes inside the ring.

hope that helps. It saved me $70 or maybe $65 cause I bought 2 feet 1/2 inch hose 1/2 inch 90 and the sprinkler shut dial that didn't work as good )
So you're saying that with that hose the airflow was very minimal? The Hyundai Veracruz and Dodge Journey both have cooled compartment covers that look like they may fit (and should be cheaper since they're features from the US) so using an inexpensive pipe to hook up to that could make this a much more affordable setup.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:59 PM

Here are the pics I got from a Chinese Forum "Xcar.com.cn", this guy did everything by himself using the parts you can find in your local store (like Canadian tire / home depot)

Quick Reply: Glove Box cooler/heater switch