Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Headlamp washer system

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Default Headlamp washer system

Hi. Somebody with the system can say to me if is efficient? About the water that leaves the nozzles, this leaves to high pressure and covers all the headlamp unit? I am thinking about trying to obtain this system and any aid will be appreciable. Thanks in advance. . .

Last edited by jsrd; 09-13-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 AM

Some input about this?

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Are you talking about a system that squirts fluid then has mini wiper blades to clean the headlamp? My only concern with a system like that is the headlamp covers on the outlander are plastic and unless you washed off all the grime the wiper blades might end up scratching the headlamp covers.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:49 PM

OEM headlamp washer system only has nozzles

Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
OEM headlamp washer system only has nozzles
i think all you need is the new nozzle, maybe a new motor, and the right spot for it on the bumper.i think it's the parts that is hard to get, especially from the UK, and you will need to get the new signal stalk too with the headlamp washer switch, and then you'll get a bonus swith for the rear fog light.

but if I was to think about the need for the headlamp washer, I don't think there is a need for it where I live because I don't get that much dirt and dust on the lamp housing. I always wipe them clean anyway. but that a good project if you really need it. tell us how it goes.

Last edited by rcpax; 09-14-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:31 PM

Yeah rcpax, all parts that you mencion are neccessary to this project. I will wait for this modification
Saludos. . .

Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Hi jsrd,

Xenon (Outlander) headlamp washer jet system

Latest 2012 Outlander GT and 2013 Outlander GT in American seem to be implemented from factory with a headlamp washer mechanism although some Mitsubishi dealers in the US offer Outlander with a xenon light automatic self-leveling system. Because of relaxed rules in the US it is not compulsory that cars have xenon headlamp washer jets.

I have read that you were doing a project to install a headlamp washer jet in Outlander (2007). It is about 6-years ago and I wonder if you have managed to do something. Did you managed to obtain parts for your project?

I have managed to peruse some documentation about this topic (Mitsubishi) and so far, I may say that the system is not an option, and it comes from factory already fitted. The mechanism includes a washer motor, a washer relay, a column switch (stalk), harnesses (wires and connections) that communicate with the ETACS-ECU by only 1-pin. The system also includes 2-headlamp washer actuator assembly. In theory the approach seems simple if you can manage to order from a Mitsubishi part department the headlamp washer jet for the Outlander (sport or base). Most probably if your car does not have head washer from factory, then 2-holes are not there, so you need to do 2-cavities to allow the actuators to operate the water jet.

Please inform what is/was the result of your project.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 AM

Hi batman47,

Finally I do not continue with this project . . . but I could get the stalk switch with headlamp washer mode for my rear fog lights project

Saludos . . .

Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 AM

Hello jsrd,

I have learnt that you bought a Chinese Lexia-3 in order to disable the TPMS in your 2007 Outlander. I do not know if you have succeeded in this project. Some members have already managed to do this project but information is scattered or fragmented in the more than 74 contributions.

I wonder if you have managed to disable the TPMS using the cheap Lexia-3 and, please to enumerate the steps one by one so I could repeat the experiment.

The lexia-3 version has been updated as well as the PP/2000 and DiagBox. The price for this product is now $65 and it is great the things people can do with this tool. I will buy this product just to disable the TPMS in Winter and put I back in Summer.