Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Default RE: How to unlock MMCS

ORIGINAL: Outie08

Just put in my 2 cents worth, I belive rcostin use Linux to unlock the MMCS drive first before cloning.
Is it a sin? Then I'm proud
Indeed, the host operating system is Linux, but it runs from a bootable CD, the ISO being no larger than few megs. And once you start the program, running Linux or Windows is no difference.
BUT after you unlock the disk, you may use any operating system you wish and ANY cloning tool you like.

To unlock the disk, you need a direct connection between disk and PC. No usb adapters, but directly ATA cable. And better that disk be the only disk attached.

Time zone is set up in so called "time zone file". The zone file will be changed if you rewrite the disk. Unfortunately, unocking the DVD, I have no clue where you can find a RPC1 firmware...

Old 04-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Not at all, you should be pround.
Respects from the Great White North. Now, what is your next project, maybe cracking the code to update the Navi map ??

Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 AM

Honestly, I was thinking about this. But I am stuck with an extractor from the kwi files.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM

Good News, at least you're thinking about it, If you can unlock the MMCS Hdd, its just a matter of time that we can download a iso file from you to update our navi.

I look forward and will keep watching posts by you.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 PM

If anybody wants to sponsor some updated map info (i.e. the upgrade kit), I'd be willing to look into it.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:02 AM

Many thanks for clarifications! Unfortunately in this question I Looser; (.... Mitsubishi sells in Europe Ubdate for MMCS (Maps). How you think, if I such shall buy, whether it will be possible to put it on American MMSC? Thanks

Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

Honestly, I was thinking about this. But I am stuck with an extractor from the kwi files.
Really ?
I thought I'd fixed it ..
Whats it doing/not doing now ?
O.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 AM

Problem solved. I had the old version from the web page but brian sent me an updated version. It's working like a charm )
Already extracted NR261EM.MLD, NR261EM.SCN and NR261EM.SHx
Thank you very much for the program )

Costin

Old 05-02-2008, 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Igor

Many thanks for clarifications! Unfortunately in this question I Looser; (.... Mitsubishi sells in Europe Ubdate for MMCS (Maps). How you think, if I such shall buy, whether it will be possible to put it on American MMSC? Thanks
That is why you should test with a spare disk. If it boots, is ok. The equipment is the same, the MMCS unit is same.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: rcostin

Problem solved. I had the old version from the web page but brian sent me an updated version. It's working like a charm )
Already extracted NR261EM.MLD, NR261EM.SCN and NR261EM.SHx
Thank you very much for the program )

Costin

No worries.
I've updated the site a couple of days ago.
Got bored and wrote an extractor for the filesystem image.
The NR261UM has its own section now.
atb.
O.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS