Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Default Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button

Hi all,

Anybody has installed switches in those blank covers beside the ASC switch?
Is there a place to order switches that will fit in those spare place?

If somebody has done some works there, I would appreciate some infos, before beginning to dismantle the dash!

Thanks

Old 07-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Look here, https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...=29227&page=15, installed on my Out and working, except trunk switch; I will use it for some future function.

My source is www.japanparts.com

Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

I am currently in the process and will be adding a tutorial on this.

What type of function do you want the switch for?

The switch that I found that will fit the hole exactly comes from a 1999 thru 2001 Galant. You can easily find them on Ebay for around $10. They don't have to be imported from Japan. My parts guy also found switches from the Endevor fit also part number (MR962421). They are around $20 brand new. The issue with the switches on the Endevor are that the wire will need to be soldered to the connectors on the switch.

Another thing to remember on using these types of switches is that they are (Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse). Meaning that the computer(ETACS-ECU) controls the function of the switches and is routed through a relay system. To avoid connecting and having the computer control the switch function I used the relay system. Last week I have built the relay setup and will post pictures in the near future. The relay setup parts cost around $22. I haven't been able to find this setup for sale on line, that is why I built the relay setup.

You can check out the link JSRD posted on removing the blanks next to the ASC switch. Any questions that I can help with leme know.

Last edited by RAMON-; 07-26-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 AM

Thanks guys,

I just want to install a switch and plug into one of my remote garage door opener. I'm tired of loosing it or forgot it in my other pant pockets!
On my other car I have the Homelink mirror, but I don't need a auto dim mirror at 200$ bucks to add a garage door switch!

So a momentary on/off switch will do.

By the way, I can't find the photos in your posts of how to install those switches.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Default Switches??

All I find on eBay is rear defog or mirror controls switches.
Is that what it is??

Thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaptnKebec
All I find on eBay is rear defog or mirror controls switches.
Is that what it is??

Thanks
If all you want to do is just complete a circuit using your battery powered garage opener using the switch in place of your door opener switch then a fog light switch from a Galant will work for you. On ebay just search for Galant fog light switch. You will come across several of them.

As for getting access to the back side of the blank covers you will see right below the ASC SWITCH a change cubby/tray. If you remove it, you will be able to gain access to the bottom and back of the switch blank. I haven't tried this, but it might work if you have a OLD credit card and cut a 1/4 inch or 1 cm wide strip long ways and slide it under the blank from the front side to pop loose the clip that is holding it in place. If that doesn't work, then I would try from the back side of the blank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-2003-Mitsub...item255bd873ba

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Default Switch installed!

Thanks again for the info.
I live in Canada, nobody ship in Canada for those switches.
Beside, it will probably cost me 10$ for the switch 20$ for shipping and 20$ for customs!! so i've managed to fit a rocker switch I had in my junk.

The pictures show the installation:

1 - I made a little plastic mask to put under the rocker lever.
2 - Installed the switch (I just push the blank inside the dash and it poped out), after that I modified the switch so it could fit in the two slots were the cap was holding.
3- Installed a connector into the remote.
4- Close the remote
5- Plug the wire to the remote, and after into the car switch.

Total cost of the project: 0$

Attached Thumbnails Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button-switch_mask.jpg   Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button-switch_in.jpg   Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button-open_remote.jpg   Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button-remote_close.jpg   Install switch in the blanks beside ASC button-plug.jpg