Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Instrument Panel Display Symbols & Settings (2010 Outlander)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Default Instrument Panel Display Symbols & Settings (2010 Outlander)

(I inadvertently posted this in "General" first and couldn't delete that post. Sorry for the re-post.)

I have a 2010 Outlander SE. I stumbled upon the instrument display settings () by accident tonight (with parking brake engaged and engine on, I had an additional menu option for "Settings" in my instrument display). When I entered that menu option, I saw that I could change the temp. display and some other options that I didn't understand. I scoured the net tonight to find out what each option means and was lucky to find the coffee cup alarm is a break reminder, but not much else. I figured out most of them, but I'm left with: A setting that can change your mpg reading from A - M. I assume "A" is for automatic and "M" is for manual? But what does the manual setting mean?

Also, the symbol for parking lights and headlight is the same, so I can't tell if I'm driving with parking lights on. I know that is considered an electrical defect on the 2011 Outlander, but don't see anything about it being a known issue on the 2010. Anyone?

Also, sometimes I see a little symbol that looks like it would be a download symbol. It's like a box with an arrow pointing down and it appears on the upper right-hand side of the instrument panel. I thought it may be a bluetooth indicator, as my iPhone does auto-connect to the car's BT, but it shows up even when I don't have my phone.

Any knowledge would be appreciated. I really spent hours searching the web tonight in vain.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 PM

its in the manual
the tea cup is a rest reminder you can set.. pretty silly
the A and M is auto and manual, they are separate counters but the auto always reset every 4 hours after you park. And the display always go back to Auto even if you set it to manual. You can reset your manual mode every time you fill up gas for example. With the MMCS navigation system it is alot easier than using the info button.

I don't know about the headlight, I tend to use auto at night but I turn it off when I pull in the garage, because I don't like the lights to come on when I start the car in the garage. I have the HID which isn't good for the bulb to turn on if it is not necessary.