Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

iPod Classics does not work in Outlander PHEV

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Default iPod Classics does not work in Outlander PHEV

Hi, i am the proud owner of a Outlander PHEV. The problem i have is the get my iPod classic (160Gb) to work. In my previous car (KIA Sorento, 6 years old) it worked fine. Now i have to wait for 5 munites because it it loading all kinds info everytime a start the car (display of the car stereo says 'Confriming the media'). After that it sometimes let's me play music, but it can also freeze up totally. Anyone having the same problems? Are there any solutions? A software update maybe?

Last edited by dutchpeter; 04-26-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

That's what happens when you use a device with a hard drive, and the cars MMCS has to load all the data.

Use a solid state piece of hardware, don't load it full of sh!tty music that you never listen to, and it'll work just fine.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sebba
That's what happens when you use a device with a hard drive, and the cars MMCS has to load all the data.

Use a solid state piece of hardware, don't load it full of sh!tty music that you never listen to, and it'll work just fine.

Mmmm Sebba, that's not the answer I am looking for. I consider that a poor work around. The MMCS should not load all the data. That is unneccesary. Many other cars just start and make the iPod available instantly. Therefore my opinioon is that the software is gathering information it does not need.
By the way: i don't have sh!tty music. ;-)

Old 04-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

I'm sorry it's not the answer you're looking for, but it's accurate.

It DOES have to load all the data, because it's controlled by the MMCS. If it were just a bluetooth connection or some other form of auxiliary input, that would be different. You have a digital media server in that car, and it has to load the iPods playlists and song lists in order to function properly. Half of the problem is the way the older iPod directory works. You've got probably thousands of different folders on that hard drive and the MMCS has to access each and every one individually and pull the data.

What I don't understand is why you need 160gb of music in the car, unless you road trip from coast to coast to get to work.

You've got a piece of hardware that was designed a decade ago, it's time to update.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by dutchpeter
Hi, i am the proud owner of a Outlander PHEV. The problem i have is the get my iPod classic (160Gb) to work. In my previous car (KIA Sorento, 6 years old) it worked fine. Now i have to wait for 5 munites because it it loading all kinds info everytime a start the car (display of the car stereo says 'Confriming the media'). After that it sometimes let's me play music, but it can also freeze up totally. Anyone having the same problems? Are there any solutions? A software update maybe?
Thanks for that Dutchpeter - I am having the same problem, I wondered whether you found a satisfactory work-around as you posted a while back? The response from 'Sebba' was quite negative, it should be possible for the system to operate the iPod classic, indeed the manual states that it can do so.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 AM

Hi Pablnewt,
no I have not been able to support the iPod Classic in the car. It just takes to much time (again and again) or it does not work at all.
Regards, Peter

Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 PM

In my 2014 Outlander I keep an iPod Classic connected to it with a ton of music on it as a fall back. It does take a while after each startup to be available. Haven't actually timed it, but it seems like forever. I've had no issue with lock up or not playing when I use it. Mostly I just dump music on an SD card or DVD as both light up pretty quick with the car.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Default iPod Issues 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel Aspire

I have the same issue with my vehicle which I have had since April this year, 2014.
My iPod classic worked for about 2 months, although it would take ages to load, and then it stopped altogther.
Sometimes, the display will say, "Confirming Media", and other times it does nothing.
When I remove it from the USB, the display tells me "iPod disconnnected".
I have had the local service department try and solve it but with no luck.
From what I have read, it seems to be an issue going back a few years with other models and vehicle types, so I think it should be Mitsubishi resovling the issue and coming up with a solution that allows the iPods to work in the vehicles.
I have had no issue with any other vehicle and my iPod.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 AM

I agree that this is something Mitsubishi should look into. We are not the only persons having this problem, i am sure. Nevertheless, how can we make file this as an formal complaint? Anyone from Mitsubishi looking at this forum?

Old 10-02-2014, 05:45 AM
Default Problems with I-Pod Classic

Hi, I'm new at the Forum. I'm Martin from Germany and drive my second ASX (Sport).
I have the same Problem ever since 4 Month. The dealer localized now the "Link-System" as the Problem and changed it (800,-€), after 2 weeks the same problem as befor. Now he means the problem is the I-Pod, but in other cars it works....
Thats my post for this angry theme

Now i'm looking for a Kenwood but any dealer have problems to change it.
We need a solution to link the kenwood with the Rockford Fosgate wiring.
Anything else here to fix this problem?
Thanks Martin

Quick Reply: iPod Classics does not work in Outlander PHEV