Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ipod connection for Outlander with navigation and no aux cable under the armrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Default ipod connection for Outlander with navigation and no aux cable under the armrest

Hello,

I have a 07 outlander with navigation. Last year i installed the rear-view camera with the instructions i found on these forums. Now I want to install an auxiliary cable for connecting an ipod. I have reviewed the posts in different forums, but they all refer to one post that consists of having an auxiliary cable under the armrest. I was wondering if anyone has installed an ipod connector with the same conditions. If not, does anyone have any ideas or hints on how to do it???
I have identified the wires that correspond to the backseat video player on the C-07, but since i don't have one, the wires are not attached to anything when I follow them. I was wondering if I could just use those wires, but I am not sure if it will work.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 PM

Name:  MMCSconectores_2.jpg
Views: 17384
Size:  46.5 KB
MMCS has iPod port dedicated, you need this accesory

Name:  h113iP500-o_2.jpg
Views: 15134
Size:  24.6 KB

or yourself to run wires for L+R channels to MMCS backside, like this method (post 1 to 5)
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=32790

Good luck

Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 PM

thank you so much for responding. I have actually tried connecting my wires to c-07 and Aux did not show up on my menu. I also followed the wires for Aux on C-07 to C-14 (the port right under C-10). The wires come to the port, but there are no other wires to transfer them on the other side of the port. I connected my wires to the L+R wires but still no Aux. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I took my wire from a pair of headphones and i separated the wires for the connection, is that sufficient or should I do it differently?? Is there a chance that I might need a transmitter box that would give a signal to MMCS for Aux to light up in the menu?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Don't worry, AUX mode is inactive in your MMCS. In order to activate it, you need to do the next thing:

Connect to ground wire # 65 (R-G color) from C-07 connector (red line in wiring diagram)

Name:  AUXIN_1.jpg
Views: 14536
Size:  35.4 KB

Try and verify if AUX mode "turn on" in your MMCS. . .

Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM

yep, i grounded it and it works perfectly now. I followed wire 65 down to the port on the bottom far right side of the unit. A bunch of cables for camera, Aux, Video, and etc. come there and stop. I pulled the pin for the Aux and grounded it there. I also pulled the pin for Video (wire 47 on C-07) and connected my video to it. I also connected my audio wires to the port all the way on the bottom left side of the unit, C-14 I believe.

Thanks to you jsrd, my Aux works like a charm now. I really appreciate your help.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 PM

Is great to hear about it, now, enjoy your iPod device

Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 PM

jsrd, mitsu really should hire you. (or at least put you on the payroll for all the help you provide)

Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM

Thank's for your commentary rip14

When I bought my Outie I received great aid from rdenis, so now I want the same thing with the only intention to enjoy our Outie. . .

Saludos. . .

Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM

I know I'm breathing life into an old thread but I wonder if someone could help me with some advice?

I have just bought a UK spec Outlander Diamond and it has the MMCS, RES and AUX connector behind the centre console. I would like to connect an iPod to the system and control it from the MMCS head unit. Will I be able to connect the Kenwood IP500 unit shown in the picture above or will that connector at the back of the MMCS be used for something else?

P.S. Don't know if this is useful information but when I play a DVD in the rear and select AUX on the MMCS, the DVD audio comes through the main speakers.

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

P.P.S. JSRD, sent you a PM as well.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tweak
I know I'm breathing life into an old thread but I wonder if someone could help me with some advice?

I have just bought a UK spec Outlander Diamond and it has the MMCS, RES and AUX connector behind the centre console. I would like to connect an iPod to the system and control it from the MMCS head unit. Will I be able to connect the Kenwood IP500 unit shown in the picture above or will that connector at the back of the MMCS be used for something else?

P.S. Don't know if this is useful information but when I play a DVD in the rear and select AUX on the MMCS, the DVD audio comes through the main speakers.

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

P.P.S. JSRD, sent you a PM as well.
Wait for a software upgrade, from new 2010' Outies, they can do much more as You can see on a picture

AUX is not the best, by USB You have additional charging and probably You can do choice of songs/playlists by MMCS touchscreen and voice commands !!!
US version gets the FUSE system with USB input, bluetooth audio streaming, etc.

Last edited by WiValdiBB; 04-06-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Quick Reply: ipod connection for Outlander with navigation and no aux cable under the armrest