Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

keyless entry problem

Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Default keyless entry/resistance in a wire problem

Hi All,

I recently bought an 2006 Outlander SE, now works the keyless entry sometimes fine and sometimes not. I think the problem is with the drivers door, when the remote dont work and i lock this door manualy from the inside all the others will lock with the remote and also with unlocking.

I think warm weather is causing this problem in the morning i have no problems, but in the afternoon when the temperature is rising above the 25 'C it gives problems.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? is it an relays/switch which i have to replace or is it the door actuator.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by cmvdmey; 04-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:59 PM

no one an idea??

Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Have you checked the batteries in the remote? I occasionally find that the car does not detect the remote if there's a lot of metal in your pocket with the remote (too many keys/camers or phone or other electronics)

Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM

I noticed that if the FAST key is in the same pocket as the cell phone the door does not open on touch. if I separate them 2 different pockets it work.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM

i checked the battery several times, and it is not the battery.

It is a 2006 outlander, so no fast key. just an ordinary 2 button remote.

I went to the Mitsu dealer and they told me i have to get an new remote because the signal was not strong, but i think it really is a problem with the outside temperature. last weekend it was colder and the remote worked fine, even from an distance of 20-30 meters. now the temperature is rising and i have the problem again... :-(

Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM

I went to an other dealer and they think their is a electrical problem in the door, because the button at the drivers door to open and close all locks wont lock the drivers door but do lock all the other doors.

Anyone an idea where i can look in the door? i think the problem is with resistance in a wire, because the warm/cold problem.

Please let me asap know

Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 AM

I have kinda similar problem with Outlander 2005. Not sure if it's related to temperature. When drivers door is locked remote does not unlock any doors. Once driver door is opened manually, the rest of doors are unlocking ok. Same with locking. I suspect there is something in the driver door, that malfunctions and prevent remote from opening the door and other doors as well. It's 10 years old car and I don't want take it to the dealer... Any ideas?

Constm.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Constm
I have kinda similar problem with Outlander 2005. Not sure if it's related to temperature. When drivers door is locked remote does not unlock any doors. Once driver door is opened manually, the rest of doors are unlocking ok. Same with locking. I suspect there is something in the driver door, that malfunctions and prevent remote from opening the door and other doors as well. It's 10 years old car and I don't want take it to the dealer... Any ideas?

Constm.
There is nothing wrong with the drivers door. you need to replace your remote as it is not working properly.

Old 10-08-2022, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by cmvdmey
I went to an other dealer and they think their is a electrical problem in the door, because the button at the drivers door to open and close all locks wont lock the drivers door but do lock all the other doors.

Anyone an idea where i can look in the door? i think the problem is with resistance in a wire, because the warm/cold problem.

Please let me asap know
I have similar issue. When I press the remote fob, the lights blink and looks normal, but the doors don't lock. the lock button on the drivers door is not working either.