Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Dealer Servicing Problems

Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Default Mitsubishi Dealer Servicing Problems

Hello everyone,
I've been on the forum for many months and finally decided to sign up!

I've read a few threads about some isolated issues with Mitsu but I thought I had to post my experience with them as its been so bad.
First off I have a 2007 XLS Outie with Sun/Sound/Lux pack and its been an absolute gem. No major issues at all and so far worth every penny of the $22.5k I paid 6 months back - Heres the bad part.

I decided to get it serviced as the 15,000 maintenence light came on a couple months back and I was irritated by a TPMS problem I've had. I set the tyres to 32psi (as the door plate recommends) but after 2 days the TPMS warning comes on even though the pressure is still roughly around 32 in each wheel.
So when I dropped it off to a main dealer here in So. California (Mitsu on Brand Bvd in Glendale) I mentioned it to them as well as the ASC button I noticed didnt seem to be engaging or disengaging.

So the guy checking the car in asks meif I ever fill up the spare wheel? I say No, and he replies you must. Iask why, does the spare also have a sensor? and hesays YES...I'm a little sceptical but I decide to believe him. So after 8hrswaiting and walking around I get my car back from its 3hr service that they assured me it would take!!
Whilstwaiting I overhear a woman complaining in the parts dept. that she just got hercar back and was pissed off cos she drove away for a vacation from the service and had to pull over on the highway as the check engine light came on, after checkingunder thehood she found the engine bay soaked in oil!! Then she explained thatMitsu didnt put the oil cap back on and she just had to cancel her vacation cos of the situation.. Thisgot mereal concerned.

I finally get my car back and am annoyed they didnt even bother to wash it for me even though they happily took my $245 for the srevice!
After saying that it would be nice to have it back washed they oblige saying 'if you're willing to wait'! Bloody cheek I thought since I been waiting 5hrs more than the 3hr service it was supposed to be. They mention that there is allegedly no power to the ASC button and say they will order the part and call me when its in, so as I drive out I pull over and pull the hood immediately to check they put the oil cap and other caps back on All seems fine and I drive home.

So I check the tyre pressure when its cold the next day and sure enough the scumbags filled the pressure to 40psi.I decide to let them back down to 32 and as soon as I do it the TPMS warning light comes back on. SO basically they didnt bother to fix the area of concern I initially brought it in for making me think they didnt care about my initial concern and just overfilled it to switch off the warning light. 1 week later I decide to read up stuff on here and came across a thread about ASC about someone else asking how to switch it on/off and after reading that you need to keep it pressed for 5 seconds to engage it I decide to test this myself.
Today I tried and sure enoughIT WORKS when i keep it pressed for 5secs...I thenlook through the manual and stumble across something elsethat shocks me,a page about sensors and it clearly states in bold writing that THERE IS NO SENSOR ON THE SPARE TYRE..

So I now feel that not only are Mitsubishi (SoCal - Glendale) inept, liars and shoddy workers but also leads me to believe that they dont care about the customers at all.
Why tell a customer and adamently too that the spare tyre has a sensor and thats the cause and then not even know how to engage/disengage the ACS button??? If users on this forum know how to use this then surely Mitsubishi would/should?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Mitsubishi Dealer Servicing Problems

Truth is some dealerships are scumbags and all they care is your money. Although from experience I am 70% satisfied with mine, I wouldn't be too trusting of them. Carwash is also a rarity. I had a coupon for an oil change and topping off of "under the hood" fluids, all I got was an oil change, and wiper fluid and coolant were never topped off. I guess it's not Mitsubishi's fault. And at that time I got a call from Mitsubishi N.A. about my service experience, and I made sure they knew about it. So call Mitsubishi 800 number and report them.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM

I was specifically told by my service advisor that if you run your tires at the recommended 32psi the TPMS warning light has a good chance of coming on. This is why my dealer puts 38 psi in the tires and I keep it at 38 psi. Read the topic 'tire pressure' for more on this.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM

I have the goodyears that came with the car and the day I pulled off the lot they had 41 psi in them. I have really had no problems with the TPMS through in a wide range of weather conditions at this pressure. The ride is not too bad at this pressure either. As for your dealer problems, their service center seems sub-par. Im lucky to have Max Madsen here in Chicago, who always does a good job, i.e washing the car and putting the caps back on.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Man that sounds like you got stuck with a dealership with no integrity. I love my Mitsubishi dealership here in Lethbridge. Great service, they look after everything for me, but the mechanical manager is a great guy and one of the two mechanics that works there, is a relative of mine. I would have to say that it just boils down to stroke of luck when you are dealing with a service department. I lucked out.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:18 AM

I had my first real TPMS warning the other day (on a fairly cold morning), the pressure on all 4 tires was down to about 27psi, as soon as I increased it to 32 the warning went away. You may also want to check your pressure with aanother gauge, you never know.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 PM

I'm wondering if its worth taking it to another dealer and asking them to adjust the TPMS to 28 all round, that way it wont keep going off if I keep them at 32psi.
My guess is that its because the sensor is probably set too high and maybe having it set lower will stop it coming on almost every day?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
tcp

I have to say, Lethbridge Mitsu is definately one of the good ones. We bought our outlander there in june 07. We live in Calgary, but they were the only ones to give us a good deal and their service was great. I don't think the sensors are adjustable. They are a fixed value installed inside the wheel.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 AM

i hadd bad experience too with my dealer,

Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 AM

My TPMS was ontwice because I had a FLAT TIRE and a low pressure tire below 32 psi.

You have a broken TPMS if it's keep on Alarming For Low pressure.

It is covered under warranty and car is only 6 months old.

That dealer made a money out of you.

Go to Peter Fueller Mitsubishi they are honest and the name Peter Fueller is respected in car maintenance all over the United States. They HAVE Master Technicican only no wanna be tech.

You want your money backI cannot believe they charge you for labor and the car is under warranty and still broken.

Demand for the moneyback if not report the Dealer to better business bureau and Mitsubishi Headquarters.

The SPARE TIRE does not have TPMS.

The money that you paid the dealer should have gone to the TPMS. TPMS is only $150.00 each plus calibration

Go to Peter Fueller explain everything to them. They will fix your car. if not come back here and curse at me but for sure
Peter Fueller Mitsubishi servive will fix the TPMS or replace it.

next time never touch the TPMS, you might have broke it or did you ever change your tires before.

be honest?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Dealer Servicing Problems