Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi OEM Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Default Mitsubishi OEM Remote Starter

Has anyone there installed the Mitsubishi OEM remote starter on your Outlander? (NOT Outlander Sport (RVR in Canada or ASX in Europe/Australia), the Sport has to use the newer design OEM which comes with it, aftermarket ones won't work for the sport.)

if yes:
1) when using it to start engine, does the hazard light flash/blink once when engine starts like the starter manual claims? or What indication does your car react once engine starts (lights, sounds)?

2) how many of this OEM remote starter fobs come with it? (each car comes 2 F.A.S.T. keys)

3) what is the design/average distance for the remote to start respectively with and without the little antenna stretch out?

4) which market/country is your Outlander in, year model and trim?

thanks a lot for your inputs

Last edited by fiestataz; 05-18-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Default Mz360300ex

No ONE here so far has the OEM Remote Engine Starter? MZ360300EX

Canadian owners, don't you start your car inside the house during winter??.....

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Never did, never will.

I still have to clean the vehicle don't I.

That is usually used by people who drive Igloo in the winter (Don't clean the car). Seen mostly on Honda and Chrysler mini van.

Also most city have a 3 minutes max. idle rule so the Mitsu dealer set it to run no more than 3 minutes then shut down. With the Outlander aluminum engine this is a waste of gas.

If you need to warm the inside just use an electric heater on a timer.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by fiestataz
No ONE here so far has the OEM Remote Engine Starter? MZ360300EX

Canadian owners, don't you start your car inside the house during winter??.....
Lol, i live in canada, and i go outside to start my car, usualy only like 5 min before i leave.
Its possible to have a after market one, but you might have to sacrifice 1 FAST key, at 250$ a key not shure you want to do that ; )

Old 05-21-2011, 05:52 PM

I used to warm up the engine about 5 to 10 mins., max 15 depending one the temp. and snow before i leave the house during winter, to ensure a smoother drive, also i do not have a garage, not for the purpose of the interior warm though.....of course if the engine well warm, that may warm the interior easier....

yeah, the FAST key is a bit pain in the neck when pair up with a remote starter....that's why I desperately wanna know other owners experience with the OEM engine remote starter.

Last edited by fiestataz; 05-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 PM

I used to warm up the engine about 5 to 10 mins., max 15 depending one the temp. and snow before i leave the house during winter, to ensure a smoother drive, not for the purpose of the interior warm though.....

yeah, the FAST key is a bit pain in the neck when pair up with a remote starter....that's why I desperately wanna know other owners experience with the OEM engine remote starter.
And no we dont like in igloo in canada

Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Has anyone there installed the Mitsubishi OEM remote starter on your Outlander? (NOT Outlander Sport (RVR in Canada or ASX in Europe/Australia), the Sport has to use the newer design OEM which comes with it, aftermarket ones won't work for the sport.)

if yes:
1) when using it to start engine, does the hazard light flash/blink once when engine starts like the starter manual claims? or What indication does your car react once engine starts (lights, sounds)?

2) how many of this OEM remote starter fobs come with it? (each car comes 2 F.A.S.T. keys)

3) what is the design/average distance for the remote to start respectively with and without the little antenna stretch out?

4) which market/country is your Outlander in, year model and trim?

thanks a lot for your inputs
I live in Colorado and don't have a garage (carport only). I had the remote start installed when I bought new last year and it only came with 1 starter FOB, but the kit does come with a F.A.S.T. key (or equivalent) so you don't have to give up one of your 2 F.A.S.T. keys.

I'm not sure what the range is with the antenna down as I always use the antenna. However, I'm sitting in my office now and can see my Outlander in the parking lot about 200' away and it starts no problem.

The only indication of start I get is from my DRLs.

I'm happy to have remote start, however, I don't like the fact that it comes with a separate key FOB. I also don't like the fact that the car shuts off as soon as you unlock the car when touching the door handle.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 PM

I have just purchased the OEM remote starter but I received no manual... Does anyone has it for the OEM remote starter?

Thank you

Old 10-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Arrow Hey

Would this work on a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 AM

I believe it only works for 09-after-models only.

"Fits 2009-2011 Mitsubishi Outlander"

Source: Mitsubishi Outlander Remote Engine Start

EDIT: Of course, I only talking about the OEM remote start.

But does anyone has some kind of manual about "how to use the remote start" or its features?

Last edited by matsuda; 10-20-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi OEM Remote Starter