Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS : Error message

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by HJB
Sounds Yuk. All your HDD Pins coming out intact and straight?
Other than that sounds like your unit is shorting but hope you work it out.
I'm off line for a few days so good luck.
By the way just make an image file of drive doesn't have to be iso. e.g .tib for Acronis.
Thanks!

Yes, I checked and the 44 pins seems really all right on the two HDDs! I was just wondering if I didn't crash my friend's Toshiba HDD and my new PATA SSD HDD by connecting them to the IDE/USB connector but not straight away into the connector... but 2 (or more) pins alone on the right side or left side... Which could have damaged them when connecting them again with USB to the computer...

+ Great news for the iso!

Hope to read you soon and many thanks again for your precious help!!!

Old 12-01-2014, 07:16 PM

my 2010 outlander gas cap was too tight very hard to open , markham mitsubishi dealer said that's normal,I need to make a new tool to open the gas cap

Last edited by sivakumar; 12-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by sivakumar
my 2010 outlander gas cap was too tight very hard to open , markham mitsubishi dealer said that's normal,I need to make a new tool to open the gas cap
What a brilliant deceision to let us know here in MMCS error thread!
By the way, does your car drive in Night mode?

Old 12-02-2014, 02:49 PM

Brilliant. Have to try out that race mode on my Pajero!

jim

Old 12-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Unhappy

Hello Dear Members,

Let me give new some news of my two issues...

- My original HDD Toshiba seems to have confirmed bad sectors. I tried two softwares to clone it but it failed (Acronis and Clonezilla). However, I was able to copy/paste the files of each partition with Windows Explorer.

- The original Toshiba HDD of my friend is no more recognized anywhere. Even connected as IDE primary master hard disk under Linux, the BIOS doesn't detect it (Primary master: none) and the only thing I can get is a error report status as attached. And this with or without jumper.
=> If anyone has an idea how to overcome this...

So... with my original Toshiba HDD and my new Transcend TS64GPSD330 SSD:
I could get not an European image of other MMCS unit but a Russian and a Japanese one (thanks for the sharing!).
Then, I strictly followed the recommandations I received: After cloning the Russian image onto my new SSD Transcend (then I did exactly the same test with the Japanese one):
1) Remove all the kwi files => I deleted all the files on partition 1 and replaced them by my files. I deleted the loading.kwi file on partition 3 and replaced it by my own file
2) Remove the "screen data" folder => I deleted it from partition 4 and replaced it by nothing).
Everything ran with success (number and size of the partitions, modified files...) until putting my new SSD Transcend into the MMCS (after of 30 min poweroff of course).
Result is still the same: If I do not feed with a cd boot on which I copied my own loading.kwi file, I get a message "insert a program disk". And when I insert the cd boot, I get a message "checking screen data" and then again... "Program writing error. Turn the engine off...."

=> Did I make something wrong? Any other test I could do?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Sabine

Attached Thumbnails MMCS : Error message-img_3083.jpg  
Old 12-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Have been following your delimena with interest although I cannot offer any help. Think you may be at the stage of pulling whole unit and sending to one of the experts to work out a solution.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:43 PM

ok scumont I just saw your posts... First of all I am also getting the same message for restoring data in SSD ONLY WHEN I turn off my car WHILE MUSIC PALYER READS/COPIES A DVD... After a few minutes sometimes half an hour everything is ok.. This is a problem that I didn't have with the original Toshiba HDD. The SSD is ok no bad sectors.
I HAVE SOME ANSWERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS:
1.In order your clone disk to work YOU NEED TO MAKE A RAW COPY (use partition manager 9-10-11 NOT ACRONIS!!!!!) Making by yourself the partitions won't work..
2. THE DISK CAN BE SEEN FROM YOUR UNLOCK LINUX DISK: In your screenshot you can see it as hda: Toshiba ********
If your HDD unlocking fails BOOT WITH ANOTHER HDD even your original laptop hdd will do run the unlock dvd option 3 wait till it boots and then HOTSWAP THE DRIVE. I am using for this reason an old Toshiba laptop with onboard 2.5 HDD which I hotswap as booting with the MMSC drive ALWAYS FAILS AS THE DISK IS REPORTED AS FROZEN...
3. I THINK THAT THE original Toshiba MMSC HDD has SMART capability. Unlock it and mount it on your pc and check it with HD Sentinel (it can be downloaded and used for free...)
4. After unlocking your one/two MMSC HDDs mount theM SEPARATELY ON YOUR PC and as they have fat32 file partions CHECK THEM WITH THE WINDOWS check program (right clicking on each partion... check disk) Most probably you have there problems....
5. The RIGHT 2.5 female adapter has ONE PIN COVERED THAT MATCHES THE PIN MISSING FROM YOUR MALE 2.5 44 PINS DRIVE PREVENTING YOU FROM CONNECTING IT VICE VERSA....
UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL 2.5 ide adapters HAVE THE PIN COVERED SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY CONNECT THE DRIVE IN REVERSE PIN ORDER ABD FRY IT....

*My SSD came with a jumber in the 4 separate pins that define clone/master/cs status. This prevented the disk from fitting in MMSC. I reported this just in case someone else failed to notice it...
*Acronis Sucks (in my opinion) I recently tried to make a clone AND ALMOST BRICKED THE CLONE DRIVE.

Last edited by doctorC; 12-07-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:31 AM
HJB

How are you going with this - any update?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Hello HJB,

First of all, I wish you ALL a very happy New Year!!!

I will give you some news this evening or this week.

One good news, one bad news.

But I also want to thank all of you, every answer helped me!

See you later on this forum with my latest news!

Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by doctorC
ok scumont I just saw your posts... First of all I am also getting the same message for restoring data in SSD ONLY WHEN I turn off my car WHILE MUSIC PALYER READS/COPIES A DVD... After a few minutes sometimes half an hour everything is ok.. This is a problem that I didn't have with the original Toshiba HDD. The SSD is ok no bad sectors.
I HAVE SOME ANSWERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS:
1.In order your clone disk to work YOU NEED TO MAKE A RAW COPY (use partition manager 9-10-11 NOT ACRONIS!!!!!) Making by yourself the partitions won't work..
2. THE DISK CAN BE SEEN FROM YOUR UNLOCK LINUX DISK: In your screenshot you can see it as hda: Toshiba ********
If your HDD unlocking fails BOOT WITH ANOTHER HDD even your original laptop hdd will do run the unlock dvd option 3 wait till it boots and then HOTSWAP THE DRIVE. I am using for this reason an old Toshiba laptop with onboard 2.5 HDD which I hotswap as booting with the MMSC drive ALWAYS FAILS AS THE DISK IS REPORTED AS FROZEN...
3. I THINK THAT THE original Toshiba MMSC HDD has SMART capability. Unlock it and mount it on your pc and check it with HD Sentinel (it can be downloaded and used for free...)
4. After unlocking your one/two MMSC HDDs mount theM SEPARATELY ON YOUR PC and as they have fat32 file partions CHECK THEM WITH THE WINDOWS check program (right clicking on each partion... check disk) Most probably you have there problems....
5. The RIGHT 2.5 female adapter has ONE PIN COVERED THAT MATCHES THE PIN MISSING FROM YOUR MALE 2.5 44 PINS DRIVE PREVENTING YOU FROM CONNECTING IT VICE VERSA....
UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL 2.5 ide adapters HAVE THE PIN COVERED SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY CONNECT THE DRIVE IN REVERSE PIN ORDER ABD FRY IT....

*My SSD came with a jumber in the 4 separate pins that define clone/master/cs status. This prevented the disk from fitting in MMSC. I reported this just in case someone else failed to notice it...
*Acronis Sucks (in my opinion) I recently tried to make a clone AND ALMOST BRICKED THE CLONE DRIVE.
Thank you for the tips, DoctorC!!!!
I will answer you a little bit later.
Sabine

Quick Reply: MMCS : Error message