Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mp3 player wiring for Outie LS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Default Mp3 player wiring for Outie LS

So, I have a 2007 LS model. It does not have any packages. There is no wiring in the console that I can see for the RCA jacks or MP3. I want to hook it up. Wondering if anyone has done this without purchasing the dealer kit? If so, info and possibly photos appreciated!

When I pull the radio, I see two bulkheads attached, and the smaller of these has a 3 wire pigtail off of it with a small connector. Wonder if this is where the harness for the Mp3 connector normally attaches?

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM

Alrighty then - anyone have a wiring diagram to the radio unit then??

Thanks,

Scot

Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 AM

scotdail, I hope what this help you. You need to connect to C-15 (18 pin) three wires in order to qualify AUX mode in your radio and that you can connect your mp3 player, of the following way:

Name:  C-15_1.jpg
Views: 3854
Size:  32.9 KB
Name:  C-15.jpg
Views: 1556
Size:  31.2 KB
In the opposed end to C-15 harness, you would have RCA/jack connectors to connect your mp3 player selecting AUX MODE in your radio, for example:
Name:  mp3jack_1.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  18.3 KB

Thank's to ozoono by the pics.

Last edited by jsrd; 06-15-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Excellent! This is exactly what I was searching for. Thank you kindly!

Scot

Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 PM

Hmmm... the harness looks much different in my 07 than the one pictured here. The bulkhead connectors and wire colors are different. Are these pictures from an 07-09 Outie?

Viola! It worked like a charm. I used a standard cable from a computer sound hookup. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by scotdail; 06-25-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by scotdail
Hmmm... the harness looks much different in my 07 than the one pictured here. The bulkhead connectors and wire colors are different. Are these pictures from an 07-09 Outie?
Viola! It worked like a charm. I used a standard cable from a computer sound hookup. Thanks for all the help!
Congratulations scotdail ! , and the pic Yes it corresponds to the Outies 07-09.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
Congratulations scotdail ! , and the pic Yes it corresponds to the Outies 07-09.
Several of the wire colors in C-15 were different in my XL than those shown in the picture - just an FYI...

For anyone interested in doing this, you can get the connector pins from a scrap harness at a stereo shop. They usually have plenty around. I went to Best Buy, they were very helpful. Cut the bulkhead connector apart to remove the pins and wires. Cut off one end of a Mp3 player jumper cable, and splice the pin wires onto it. Plug it in according to the diagram above.

It was really very easy. Since I had most of the parts lying around, it was also free. If you don't have the parts, maybe $10?

Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Default post pictures

scotdail, can you please post some photos of your work. I have a 07 outlander with navigation and I have no idea where the C-15 connector is located. The pictures posted in the threads are not similar at all to my unit. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:18 PM

mhc1999, look here:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ighlight=c-117
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...hlight=harness

In MMCS, C-07 replace C-19 and C-15 from CDradio, so you need find the next wires in C-07, and selec AUX MODE from MMCS to play your device:

Name:  C7.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  21.0 KB
Video IN - End 47 - Blue
Audio R IN - End 48 - Blue/Green
Shielding - End 49 - Blue/Red
Audio L IN - End 64 - Blue/White
Shielding - End 63 - Black/Pink

Good luck

Old 01-31-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
scotdail, I hope what this help you. You need to connect to C-15 (18 pin) three wires in order to qualify AUX mode in your radio and that you can connect your mp3 player, of the following way:

In the opposed end to C-15 harness, you would have RCA/jack connectors to connect your mp3 player selecting AUX MODE in your radio, for example:

Thank's to ozoono by the pics.
Where do I buy one of those modules with the Stereo Jack one end and the Red/Black?white wires the other?? I have scoured eBay but can't find the right description to search for as I only come back with iPod Leads. Has anyone got a link?

Also, can I get a module that will allow me to connect a USB stick with mp3 files on that will allow me to play it through my single shot CD player (not MMCS Satellite Version)??

Quick Reply: Mp3 player wiring for Outie LS