Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

New 2014 Outlander Sport Noisy and Buzzy

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Default New 2014 Outlander Sport Noisy and Buzzy

After carefully searching for the perfect next car I finally decided on the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Mostly because it was nice to get something a little bit bigger than my sedan, but also because it came in a manual.

However, I'm finding that while travelling above 50MPH the car is rather buzzy. It's buzzy enough that the vibration is transferring into the steering wheel. On top of that it's actually fairly loud. Mind you it's not ear deafening, but it's still very noticeable.

My question is, what can I do? I've been considering maybe trying a product like Dynamat to help with the noise issue, but the vibration will still probably exist even after applying that. It would also require removing pretty much the entire interior (which I'm really not looking forward to doing). Would you think possibly switching out the motor mounts for OEM replacements might help? I've found a couple that look like they're a different design then the stock ones.

Has anyone else experienced this with theirs or am I on my own?

Any suggestions and input would be appreciated. I just want to find a solution to the buzzing in the steering wheel, floor, and the noise associated with it.

Thanks!