Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

OEM Wiring Harness - Trailer/Tow Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Default OEM Wiring Harness - Trailer/Tow Hitch

Has anyone installed/had installed the Mitsubishi harness?

I had mine installed, and it is not working. Used my buddy's volt meter on it, and it showed 0.2 Volts instead of @12 or so. This would explain why it isn't working...

I checked the ground and the installation, and it appears to me that it may be the so-called 'converter module' which isn't converting the LED voltage up to the trailer voltage.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I suspect it may be a defective part, just like to know if I am alone on this.

Cheers,

Paul

Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
tcp
Default RE: OEM Wiring Harness - Trailer/Tow Hitch

Did you check that the jumper wire at the battery has been connected? There is a four contact connector beside the battery and in the kit there is a connector that plugs into that and then attaches to the battery + terminal with a fuse inline. The converter assembly is "isolating", meaning that it doesn't draw any current from the tail lights, signal lights or brake lights, but gets all its current to supply the trailer directly from the battery so as not to cause problems with the LED lights on the vehicle.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

Someone else had a problem. I think it was the lights blinking too fast after installing the harness. Try to do a search if that person doesnt reply.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 PM

The OEM harness may have to be "turned on" using the dealers computer. I know this is the case with the Raider.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM

I did visually check al connections, and it appears as though the jumper wire and all other wereconnected properly according to the instructions, which I have a copy of.

The 'turned on' by the dealer thing I will investigate tomorrow, as I am going by to pick up an air deflector.

BTW, that is me with the faster blinkers (which the dealer dude glanced at and said wasn't a problem, though admitting it is a little strange...).

Thanks,
Paul

Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Did you test the testers out else where like the battery to make sure they are working right and on the right setting? If so and the dealer isnt working with you on this, buy another trailer harness and try that one. You might spend an extra 50$ but you will start to narrow down the problem. It might be in the harness that is already in there not the one just for the hitch.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 AM

it was the harness, everything working now. thanks

Old 08-06-2020, 02:22 PM

Folks, I fitted a hitch to a 07 AWD Outlander & was expecting to splice in the cables to the existing brake/turn/light wires when I spotted a few spare connectors. Lo & Behold I think I found the connector I need, only thing is I unintentionally managed to remove the wires from the connector on harness when checking it out. I've scoured the Net for a schematic but there is nothing for the tow harness connectors. Is there anyone one out there who could tell me the wiring pin out for the connector again so I can re-insert the wires into the correct pin locations on connector. Or if someone wouldn't mind taking a picture of their connector with wires inserted. Its the large white connector on back right well as you look from the back. I have ordered the oem harness & would like to put is as per designed.

I'd appreciate it big time if someone could help out. Hopefully I'll get a result. Take Care everyone.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swalshire
Folks, I fitted a hitch to a 07 AWD Outlander & was expecting to splice in the cables to the existing brake/turn/light wires when I spotted a few spare connectors. Lo & Behold I think I found the connector I need, only thing is I unintentionally managed to remove the wires from the connector on harness when checking it out. I've scoured the Net for a schematic but there is nothing for the tow harness connectors. Is there anyone one out there who could tell me the wiring pin out for the connector again so I can re-insert the wires into the correct pin locations on connector. Or if someone wouldn't mind taking a picture of their connector with wires inserted. Its the large white connector on back right well as you look from the back. I have ordered the oem harness & would like to put is as per designed.

I'd appreciate it big time if someone could help out. Hopefully I'll get a result. Take Care everyone.
etrailer.com has complete instructions...it has been discussed here. Connector above rear passenger wheel. Other end of connector is behind the battery. When you buy the aftermarket module....it comes with everything you need.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:48 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks ccernst,

I have seen the videos & read the chats but I have the wires NOT in the connector & I want to know if someone can tell me what colour wire goes into what connector pin location, if someone could check their own connector at the rear wheel well & note the pinouts or take some images I would be grateful.

thks
sean

Quick Reply: OEM Wiring Harness - Trailer/Tow Hitch