Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Smile Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast

Just wanted to add a thread today of how happy I am with my 2008 Outlander. Got Snows put on this year,

Motormaster WT All Terrain Truck from Canadian Tire...and wow...

This car on 4WD auto is Great...on 4WD lock...Ridiculous. We just got about 50 Cm's here in London Ontario..and I can't be stopped. People are snowed in, slippin, gettin stuck..

I'm drivin around at regular speed, bustin through snow and ice and stickin to corners.

I also have a AWD 2009 MaZda Cx-7 turbo, it doesnt come close to the performance in the snow and ice that the Outlander does.

Just wanted to announce how much I love My Outtie...

Attached Thumbnails Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-outtie-snow.jpg   Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-outtie-snow2.jpg   Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast-outtie-snow3.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM

Nice pics

Old 01-02-2010, 02:28 PM

Awesome. I put Toyo GO2+ on mine but there is no snow in Toronto yet, so I guess I'll unleash the beast later on lol

Old 01-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I want snow too =(
Yes, with winter tires + 4WD Lock, the car is not going anywhere.
Toronto!?! Where is our snow!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
I want snow too =(
Yes, with winter tires + 4WD Lock, the car is not going anywhere.
Toronto!?! Where is our snow!
No Snow yet? Take a drive down the 401 to Woodstock then London...Its still snowin!

And I just went out for another ride...went through a street without about 2-3 feet of unplowed, undriven snow.....

Went through like butter....

Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
No Snow yet? Take a drive down the 401 to Woodstock then London...Its still snowin!

And I just went out for another ride...went through a street without about 2-3 feet of unplowed, undriven snow.....

Went through like butter....
Yeah, now Toronto is getting a bit of snow. Around 3 - 5 cms I say.
I love it man! The car is so capable of griping the snow. There was corners where I want the car to slide...haha! But once the car slides, is very easy for it to get back control of grip. I just found out today when the car slips and slide, the dash gives you a signal saying car slide or something. Never knew about that one.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ShortyRider
I just found out today when the car slips and slide, the dash gives you a signal saying car slide or something. Never knew about that one.
Thats the ASC kicking in. Its amazing how when you get it sideways the ASC straightens you up pretty good. Its hard to fish-tail or do doughnuts without turning the ASC off.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM

yeah: ASC = no fun

Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 AM

Is it possible to drive on the highway on 4 WD lock (on snow covered road ) without breaking anything or is it for slow driving ?

Thanx

Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by halfasleep
Is it possible to drive on the highway on 4 WD lock (on snow covered road ) without breaking anything or is it for slow driving ?

Thanx
I've used it over 100k/h....no problems yet...

Quick Reply: Outlander + 4wd lock + good snow tires = beast