Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander GT 2014 headlight issue... maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Exclamation Outlander GT 2014 headlight issue... maybe?

I recently purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander GT 2014.

When driving at night, I notice that the right side headlight seems to reach longer than the left side. When I face the car to the wall, it's clear that the right side head light is pointing higher than the left side. I spoke with the service department and they assured me that this is normal, but didn't seem to confident on his answer.

Is this really a "feature" on the new Outlander 2014 or is this something that should be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by outlandergt2014
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander GT 2014.

When driving at night, I notice that the right side headlight seems to reach longer than the left side. When I face the car to the wall, it's clear that the right side head light is pointing higher than the left side. I spoke with the service department and they assured me that this is normal, but didn't seem to confident on his answer.

Is this really a "feature" on the new Outlander 2014 or is this something that should be fixed?

Thank you in advance.
Mine is the same way. I was going to bring this up at the next service appt because it doesn't seem right.

How's your speedo? Mine is approx 5% too fast (shows 105 kph when going at 100).

Old 08-18-2014, 04:12 PM

I can see two benefits for this that build on each other.
- The left hand beam will not blind oncoming traffic.
- you can see further on the right hand than the left hand....so you can see that deer on the side of the road before it runs out in front of you.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 PM

This is what I thought it was for. I just wanted to be sure.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Caocao
Mine is the same way. I was going to bring this up at the next service appt because it doesn't seem right.

How's your speedo? Mine is approx 5% too fast (shows 105 kph when going at 100).
I spoke with another Mitsubishi dealer and they clarified that the headlights are done in such way to give you better lighting.

I'd have to check my speedometer with my RalliArt to see if they are the same. You might have to wait until the week-end for me to do this test on mine.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Default Outlander 2014 headlights set

Hallo from Slovenia.

I have Outlender my 2014 European version and I have a strange problem, but the mechanic says that I'm the first who asked and there is no solution.
The main beam headlights xenon are properly adjusted in height, but high beam is focused very high and can not be separately set. I have unlit zone between short and long lights that really bothers me.

Any idea how to set only high beam?

Thanks for help.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Ferjancic
Hallo from Slovenia.

I have Outlender my 2014 European version and I have a strange problem, but the mechanic says that I'm the first who asked and there is no solution.
The main beam headlights xenon are properly adjusted in height, but high beam is focused very high and can not be separately set. I have unlit zone between short and long lights that really bothers me.

Any idea how to set only high beam?

Thanks for help.
As much as I like to help you out, I don't seem to have this issue on mine nor owuld I know any solution to help you out. Tomorrow night, I'll run some tests on mine to see if I have that same issue. If I do, and I find a solution, I will let you know as well.

Hopefully someone can help you out soon.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by outlandergt2014
As much as I like to help you out, I don't seem to have this issue on mine nor owuld I know any solution to help you out. Tomorrow night, I'll run some tests on mine to see if I have that same issue. If I do, and I find a solution, I will let you know as well.

Hopefully someone can help you out soon.
Thanks for help. Did you run some tests on your car?