Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander king of beeps

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 AM

Airbags deploy differently if the occupant is wearing the seatbelt vs not wearing it. This will deploy the airbag assuming that the occupant is wearing the seatbelt.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 AM
tcp
Default pretensioners

If pretensioners had the power to actually move a seat, they would also crush your body with the seatbelt if you actually hit anything. Just wear the seatbelt if you don't like the beeping. Just as easy a solution.

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Seriously?
And in collision belt pretensioners will throw the seat ahead, to finish unfastened and thus already smashed stupid driver by shot in the face airbag (it is designed to inflate BEFORE you hit it, but without belt your flight forward is unrestricted).

Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by tcp
If pretensioners had the power to actually move a seat, they would also crush your body with the seatbelt if you actually hit anything. Just wear the seatbelt if you don't like the beeping. Just as easy a solution.
Please refer to my previous posts.......

Wearing the seatbelt is not a solution to disable the beeping, which is the theme of this thread.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM

have you tried calling the stealership?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Default Finally - success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well after a long damn time of putting up with all the annoying noises this Outlander is programmed to make I finally pulled down the dash and located the source of my frustration.

Seems all the noise comes from a small speaker at the rear of the instrument cluster that is responsible for the "click click" for the indicator, the "BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING!" for the seat belt reminder and the "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO P" for the you left your lights on business..........all noises I can do without as my brain lets me know the things I have and have not done and I choose to do them in a sequence that works for me

Name:  IMG-20130909-00313.jpg
Views: 5511
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  IMG-20130909-00314.jpg
Views: 5414
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  IMG-20130909-00315.jpg
Views: 5505
Size:  99.3 KB

Covering the small hole on the back of the speaker reduces the noise output by around 80%. I tried it with some EPDM foam tape and re-installed and it was not quiet enough for me, tried a few other things and ended up filling the hole with a little bit of silicone. End result is the noise is barely audible, you can hear it if you want but most importantly you can ignore the thing if you so choose.

So get out the screw driver and return to a world of bliss.

Anyone who would like to comment things like "Why don't you just wear your seatbelt" .......please use your time more constructively by standing in front of a mirror and punching your self in the face 19 times till your hand hurts.....or better yet, afford someone else the pleasure and have them do it for you (but please post up a photo when your done)

I always wear my seatbelt, I just hate listening to 10 obnoxious "Bings!" before I get it on, and I shouldn't have to.

Now to find a way to get rid of that Nag screen on the MMCS.....note to Mitsubishi, you can EITHER tell me that using the features of a device while driving is dangerous and make me acknowledge that fact everytime I start my car OR you can prevent me from doing it......not both FFS.

Here is a short film on the relief that can be expected:

Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned

Here's my beep relief:

Old 05-04-2014, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jizza
Well after a long damn time of putting up with all the annoying noises this Outlander is programmed to make I finally pulled down the dash and located the source of my frustration.

Seems all the noise comes from a small speaker at the rear of the instrument cluster that is responsible for the "click click" for the indicator, the "BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING! BING!" for the seat belt reminder and the "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO P" for the you left your lights on business..........all noises I can do without as my brain lets me know the things I have and have not done and I choose to do them in a sequence that works for me

Covering the small hole on the back of the speaker reduces the noise output by around 80%. I tried it with some EPDM foam tape and re-installed and it was not quiet enough for me, tried a few other things and ended up filling the hole with a little bit of silicone. End result is the noise is barely audible, you can hear it if you want but most importantly you can ignore the thing if you so choose.

So get out the screw driver and return to a world of bliss.

Here is a short film on the relief that can be expected:

Outlander beep relief - YouTube
This is brilliant. I wear hearing aids and the noises are diabolical. They reverberate all around the cab. All of them, not just the seatbelt.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:18 AM

While I'm not going to muffle the piezo, I do agree that it's a pain in the backside and badly implemented; hell, I found today that I can't sit in the car and put the windows down without it beeping about the seatbelt! You need to switch the ignition to "On" to put down the windows, and the seatbelt warning occurs then; without the engine even running!

A logical way of implementing the warning would be to activate it if the engine is running and a drive gear is selected. Somehow a 30 second exercise in logic has escaped the combined minds of Mits

Mine's a '12 ZH, no MMCS

Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 PM

Love your patience with those who missed your point. That bleeping bell is a complete nuisance. Pleased to see that you finally sorted it. I will have to try same on my NZ model V6LS

Old 03-19-2015, 06:40 PM

Jizza, can you repost your Utube video on how to disengage the "beeps" on the Outlander? The video says it's private? I just purchased the Outlander and all of the beeps are driving me crazy! Thanks, ChrisN

Quick Reply: Outlander king of beeps