Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander king of beeps

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisN
Jizza, can you repost your Utube video on how to disengage the "beeps" on the Outlander? The video says it's private? I just purchased the Outlander and all of the beeps are driving me crazy! Thanks, ChrisN
Should be live now Chris, happy fiddling and enjoying the peace and quiet

just keep in mind this method will also silence the indicator noise, never been a problem for me but may be if your the type of person that relies on the noise to know the indicators are on.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Default Beep Relief

Hi Jizza,
Thanks for your reply. The 2015 Outlander does not have the "visible" screw that allows removal of the dashboard fascia. Any idea where it is?

Thanks, Chris

Old 03-22-2015, 12:21 AM

Hi Jizza,
Thanks for your reply. The 2015 Outlander does not have the "visible" screw that allows removal of the dashboard fascia. Any idea where it is?

Thanks, Chris
I have the 2010, but check this for info maybe? https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...-stereo-45964/

Old 03-22-2015, 05:23 PM

Lol...Bell ends...I love that.!!...but seriously...I can see this could be annoying, but Im one of those people that gets in the car and just relaxes for a couple minutes before driving. I have my seatbelt on long before I'm ready to pull away, and I dont have a backup cam in my new Outlander..so I dont have that issue. It seems to me that anything you do to disable any safety feature in your vehicle might be a problem if you have a collision or need to have a safety inspection...just sayin'....Please dont try to strangle me...lmao... Cheers!!!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:15 PM

Hi Jizza, I was able to silence the "beep" behind the dashboard with silicone after taking the entire dashboard apart, however, there is another beeper near the center front console/dashboard passenger side that is the major offender (the loadest one) that beeps when you start the car! Unbelievable! Any idea where the other beeper is?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lancerguy2013
Lol...Bell ends...I love that.!!...but seriously...I can see this could be annoying, but Im one of those people that gets in the car and just relaxes for a couple minutes before driving. I have my seatbelt on long before I'm ready to pull away, and I dont have a backup cam in my new Outlander..so I dont have that issue. It seems to me that anything you do to disable any safety feature in your vehicle might be a problem if you have a collision or need to have a safety inspection...just sayin'....Please dont try to strangle me...lmao... Cheers!!!
Yeah, but I dont see it as a "safety feature" at all, it's just an annoyance that get's you in the right mood for road rage before anyone has even pissed you off yet

Mitsi REALLY need to have a good hard look at the silly Nag screen also.....here's a tip Mr Mitsubishi....you can EITHER tell me it's unsafe to operate the GPS while I am driving and that I do so at my own risk OR you can prevent me from doing it........ you can't do both so please pick one and provide an update

Old 03-23-2015, 03:02 AM

Hi Jizza, I was able to silence the "beep" behind the dashboard with silicone after taking the entire dashboard apart, however, there is another beeper near the center front console/dashboard passenger side that is the major offender (the loadest one) that beeps when you start the car! Unbelievable! Any idea where the other beeper is?

Thanks,
Chris
No idea and sorry to hear that....mine is the model before yours so best get to hunting down the noise........ I don't have access to a newer version.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Default Beeps on 2015 Outlander SE

Does anyone know where the beep originates on the Outlander after you start the vehicle? It's a one time, very loud, ear piercing sound after the vehicle is started. (It appears to originate from the center console somewhere, however, before I dismantle the entire dashboard, I would like to know the approximate location of the beeper and avoid the "wild goose chase".

With some assistance from Jizza (another Outlander owner), I was at least able to "muffle" the beeper behind the dashboard/speedometer as shown in his video, however, it appears the 2010 model does not have the 2nd beeper after the vehicle is started. I'm half way there to peace and quiet! Thanks, ChrisN

Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 AM

The only beep I really really wish I could get rid of is the Possible Icy Roads alert. Man is that annoying to have go off all winter.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Default How to silence beeps on 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander

Does anyone know where the location of the "beeper" that appears to be near the center front console/dashboard passenger side that beeps when your front bumper motion sensors go off and when you start the vehicle? I want to disconnect the beeper as it's ear piercing!

I found the beeper that is behind the speedometer and silenced that one but cannot locate the other one. Please help before my hearing is lost!

Quick Reply: Outlander king of beeps