Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander king of beeps

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Smile Dismantling Beeps on 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander

Breakthrough! I've located the 2nd "beeper" that beeps after the vehicle is started. It also controls the motion sensor sound located on the front bumper. You have to remove the plastic bracket around your stereo. Take a small flat head screwdriver (and wrap a small cloth around the head of the screwdriver so that you do not damage/scratch the frame). Slowly pry it off (there are several plastic fasteners that attach the plastic frame to the console). Once removed, remove the stereo (it's very easy to do) by removing the 4 screws. THERE IS NO NEED TO DISCONNECT THE WIRES ATTACHED TO THE STEREO AS YOU CAN STILL GAIN ACCESS TO THE BEEPER BOX WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE STEREO.

The beeper box is located on the upper right (to the right of the stereo). You have to reach around the divider wall towards the glove compartment and the beeper box (it looks like a small black wallet) and is glued to the wall between the stereo wall and glove comparment). Pull the beeper box away from the wall (they use sticky tape to secure it against the wall, then disconnect the wire (it simply pulls out of the socket). Leave the other wire attached as it appears to be a ground wire. (You can the re-stick the box to the wall to its original location).

Once the main wire is disconnected, NO MORE BEEPS!!!

Old 04-17-2015, 02:32 PM

@ChrisN - thanks so much for taking the time to provide an update after you did the legwork!

@Jizza - this thread is fantastic... you're the greatest OP of all time

Old 04-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Smile

I kinda like the beeps...tells me everything is working fine...

Old 06-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Default beep beep krrrrr

thanks to the hints..
asked the dealer politely first they could not fix it.

so ripped apart the dash and sew (!) off the top of the speaker and ditched the membrane.

one thing. I remember when updating software you have to do something reallly complex with the remote and wait for the beep. well, for now I fell blessed with silence!!! maybe I'll solder a LED to the legs of the speaker, so I can still tell it beeps when I need it some day.

there is still the bleeper in the trunk to be killed. (when leaving the car with the key still inside and when the trunk opens and closes - also completely redundant beeps) need.to.find.that.bugger. GGGR.

Last edited by janneman; 06-29-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 PM

I am hoping @ChrisN replies before I go down a very risky path. I get that loud single beep when I start up. I assume it's the parking sensors starting up. In which case I hope disabling it doesn't turn off the parking sensor beeping that is ironically not as loud as the piercing initialization beep. I specifically got a car with that option. Also, pressing the parking sensor button doesn't silence the initial beep, just the parking sensor beeps!? Wtf. Anyone solve the problem of the initial beep without disabling the sensors? Pleeeeease!

Old 01-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Im gonna risk a "Head Bashing"///but I just read this entire thread from start to finish...and my conclusion...Really??//....Ive been driving for 35 + years..took a few driving courses...simple and advanced...and always put my seatbelt on BEFORE I start my vehicle...I guess im in the minority here...It's just how I was trained...

I do the old school " Walkaround circle check " every morning when I pull any of my vehicles out of the Garage... as well as the basic checks...oil weekly...tire pressure bi-weekly..and all lights and signals every month.

I'm just a bit amused that some beeps and dings could create a lengthy thread such as this..No offense meant...but our focus as Vehicle Operators could be otherwise..."focused"///.....Cheers!!!

Last edited by Lancerguy2013; 01-01-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Default Troll much?

Originally Posted by Lancerguy2013
Im gonna risk a "Head Bashing"///but I just read this entire thread from start to finish...and my conclusion...Really??//....Ive been driving for 35 + years..took a few driving courses...simple and advanced...and always put my seatbelt on BEFORE I start my vehicle...I guess im in the minority here...It's just how I was trained...

I do the old school " Walkaround circle check " every morning when I pull any of my vehicles out of the Garage... as well as the basic checks...oil weekly...tire pressure bi-weekly..and all lights and signals every month.

I'm just a bit amused that some beeps and dings could create a lengthy thread such as this..No offense meant...but our focus as Vehicle Operators could be otherwise..."focused"///.....Cheers!!!
My issue has nothing to do with when I put on my seatbelt. It has to do with parking sensors (I think) that beeps obscenely loud every time I start the car, regardless of whether the sensors are on or off. As far as I know, it serves no purpose. As I stated previously, it beeps regardless if the sensors are activated or deactivated. The sensors themselves don't beep as loud as the initialization beep. I am used to incessant beeps and dings in most modern cars, but usually, they are subtle or just barely loud enough to annoy you. This is a piercing sound that serves no purpose. I assume only those with a 2014+ with parking sensors would know (or hear) what I'm talking about. I'm thinking my odds for a helping hand are slim. ChrisN?

Last edited by theSaint024; 06-29-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
I logged on and was hoping to get some relevant help, but unfortunately I got a reply from the thread's resident troll. Why am I responding? So that hopefully others might see that it really is ok that not everyone does everything the same way as everyone else. A technical question or simply intellectual curiosity should not be attacked because everyone does not subscribe to one such driving preparation method from over 35 years ago. Some people are willing to take the calculated risk of a different or modified start up procedure when driving their cars. And it's ok. Everything will still be ok. I guess if people didn't start inane threads like this, these forums wouldn't really have a point. Cheers!!!!

Btw, my issue has nothing to do with how or when or how much I put on my seatbelt. Or if I do a safety check of all systems prior to launch. It has to do with parking sensors (I think) that beeps obscenely loud every time I start the car, regardless of whether the sensors are on or off. As far as I know, it serves no purpose. As I stated previously, it beeps regardless if the sensors are activated or deactivated. The sensors themselves don't beep as loud as the initialization beep. I am used to incessant beeps and dings in most modern cars, but usually, they are subtle or just barely loud enough to annoy you. This is a piercing sound that serves no purpose. I assume only those with a 2014+ with parking sensors would know (or hear) what I'm talking about. I'm thinking my odds for a helping hand are slim. ChrisN?

Resident Troll...hahahha...that's fantastic... I may change my screen name !!!....I was not replying to you...theSaint024...just making an observation of this thread in general. It was never my intention to attack....everyone has their own way of doing things..mine is just based on tried and true practices...shrugggs.. Best of Luck with your "beeping" vehicle..Cheers!!!

Last edited by Lancerguy2013; 01-01-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisN
Breakthrough! I've located the 2nd "beeper" that beeps after the vehicle is started. It also controls the motion sensor sound located on the front bumper. You have to remove the plastic bracket around your stereo. Take a small flat head screwdriver (and wrap a small cloth around the head of the screwdriver so that you do not damage/scratch the frame). Slowly pry it off (there are several plastic fasteners that attach the plastic frame to the console). Once removed, remove the stereo (it's very easy to do) by removing the 4 screws. THERE IS NO NEED TO DISCONNECT THE WIRES ATTACHED TO THE STEREO AS YOU CAN STILL GAIN ACCESS TO THE BEEPER BOX WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE STEREO.

The beeper box is located on the upper right (to the right of the stereo). You have to reach around the divider wall towards the glove compartment and the beeper box (it looks like a small black wallet) and is glued to the wall between the stereo wall and glove comparment). Pull the beeper box away from the wall (they use sticky tape to secure it against the wall, then disconnect the wire (it simply pulls out of the socket). Leave the other wire attached as it appears to be a ground wire. (You can the re-stick the box to the wall to its original location).

Once the main wire is disconnected, NO MORE BEEPS!!!
@Chris, I finally got around to trying to silence the startup beep. I searched to the right of the stereo and I couldn't feel any box or speaker shaped item back there. I couldn't really find anything back there. I've attached a pic of behind my radio. If you can confirm that it's the space on the other side of the plastic frame on the right, I'll know that I'm SOL. I turned on the car several times to hear if I could isolate the source. My best guess is that it's to the left and down from the radio. But I can't trust what I'm hearing since the sound could be bouncing around back there. I'm hoping someone else has dug around back there in their 2016 and can chime in, as I suspect that the location of the speaker may have moved between years.

Attached Thumbnails Outlander king of beeps-behind-radio.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ep260
The only beep I really really wish I could get rid of is the Possible Icy Roads alert. Man is that annoying to have go off all winter.
Haha... I hear you...
That alert is useless...because it simply is telling you that outside temp is close to freezing or lower...which is every winter day for Canadians

Quick Reply: Outlander king of beeps