Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 06:55 AM

Hi oldsalt,

I've bought exactly same headunit and have a similar problem. The rear camera does not work at all, but the steering wheel buttons work after I've set them up. Another problem I've got is the unit does not feel ignition switch, it is always on unless I switch it off manually, and I don't know why.
My car is ASX 13 with 6'' touchscreen radio, no MMCS.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:28 PM

Today I had a look at the pin outs on the original unit compared to the chinese one.

The grey plug supplied with the chinese unit plugs directly into the original wiring loom, the plug that is meant to connect into the original head unit.

The chinese wiring on the plug is wrong, it has wired pins that do not connect to anything on the original plug.

I moved the pink wire to the end of the top row (4) connected it to the brown wired connection marked line-Cam and run the unit, the reverse camera worked great, except that was all that worked. No radio etc, just the rear camera that stayed on regardless of what gear I was in.

Moving the pink wire on the plug made it live, I know that as it touched the case of the unit and blew a fuse.

So, I know that the camera will work and that the chinese wiring on the harness and plug is all wrong.

The problem now is, how to work out how it's meant to be.

I tried to buy a new plug and or pins, however, I couldn't find any.

I don't know much about auto electrics, however, it would seem that the reverse switch for the camera is not wired and the power is wired wrong.

The original pin out is somewhere in this thread so I would post it again.

I have just booked to see an auto electrician next Thursday (Aust Time), I will post the results.

Regarding your ignition switch problem, there is wiring in the original grey plug for that, but no corresponding wire on the chinese plug.

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-16-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:50 AM

oldsalt,

totally cool.

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/asx/on...203AB00ENG.pdf

this is the wiring diagram for the oem camera with the original pinout.
There is also some info that pin 43 has 12V when the camera is on.

?????? / VFL.Ru ???, ??????????? ??? ???????????, ? ??????? ??????? ???????????. this one is the pinout for the older version. As I understand, pin 63 becomes ping 43 etc.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 AM

Pin 43 I mean.
I have pins 41, 46 and 47 connected to the power converter on the radio side.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:32 AM

Today I decided to bypass the OEM camera and to install a new after market one.

I run the video cable from a new rear camera to video cam on the head unit.

I powered the camera by connecting the power to the reverse wire and ground to a ground.

I have done the above heaps of times without any problems, but not this time.

The auto transmission locked itself into park and could only be moved by the manual button.

Driving to the dealer there was bugga all power and the letter A kept flashing on the speedo.

The dealer told me that the Outlander's electrics are very sensitive and the smallest intrusion into the wiring will cause errors on the puta.

Therefore, I have given up all hope of the chinese unit having a reverse camera and it now seems an aftermarket camera is also a no no..

Old 11-21-2014, 05:09 AM

I'll try not to rush and keep you informed.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 AM

Be aware that the OEM camera is not powered by 12V but 6.8V. I had to source the reverse signal from the wiring loom as the reverse was signalled to the OEM stereo via the CAN bus.

You can see my Pioneer install here 2013 Mitsubishi ZJ Outlander stereo upgrade. | The (Electronics) Engineers Shed

Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 AM

Problem solved. Everything works fine, now I have android radio with working OEM camera and no changes in the original wiring.

There is the "CAR BACK" wire, it is brown. Is has to be connected to pin 43 of the camera connector IN ADDITION to all wiring already there. If you are going to do it, check that pin 43 has 12V when reverse and 0V when anything else.

CAN bus decoder HAS TO BE REMOVED and thrown as far away as one can throw it. It is needed for Rockford amplifiers only. Still, my problem with ACC line was caused by the decoder. Don't know why, but it was always on, so radio never switched off unless I did it manually.

The grey box with the camera socket is the power converter, it takes 12V as input and produces ~6V output.

Let me know if you need more information.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Dingsbums
However, I found the connectors for camera output to be on terminal C-108. Refer to wiring with a picture of the OEM Radio rear side.
I am going to have another go at getting the reverse camera working.

The above post has a wiring diagram, what pins do we actually need to connect to?

I have a 6v power wire, ground wire, camera wire and back wire all with pins that need to be connected to the grey plug. I am totally unsure what pins go into what holes on the grey plug (C-108).

Any suggestions please?

EDIT:

I have not tested this yet, however, I decided to try the following.

I have a 12vdc to 6.0vdc convertor box that I bought from ebay SN9F CAR Charger Converter 12V TO 6V 3A 18W DC TO DC Buck Step Down Module | eBay

I connected the 6.7vdc power to pin number 1 in the attached diagram.

I connected the back wire to pin 2 as I assume the Back Wire detects the camera???

I connected the center wire from the camera connection (signal wire) to pin 6

I connected the wire shielding from the camera cable (Ground wires) to pin 7

The 12vdc power comes from a connection attached to the wiring harness that came with the unit.

I will await your thoughts before testing this.

2nd EDIT:

sishome you said that the back wire(mine is pink, however, it connects to a brown wire) has to be connected to pin 43 or 3 depending what diagram you are looking at. I ask as, all of the wiring diagrams I have seen leave pin 3 as a blank. As I said, I connected the Back wire to pin 2 in the belief that the back wire is there to detect the camera??? as per all diagrams.

So what should I do? The ""Back Wire"" to pin 2 or 3 as per the C-108 diagram?

Also, as my power output is 6 volts, should I add a 1N4007 diode? And if I do have to, how and on what wire do I do it please?

Attached Thumbnails Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-wiring.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-dsc_0018.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-camera_wiring_diag.jpg   Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera-capture.jpg  

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-24-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by oldsalt
sishome you said that the back wire(mine is pink, however, it connects to a brown wire) has to be connected to pin 43 or 3 depending what diagram you are looking at. I ask as, all of the wiring diagrams I have seen leave pin 3 as a blank. As I said, I connected the Back wire to pin 2 in the belief that the back wire is there to detect the camera??? as per all diagrams.

So what should I do? The ""Back Wire"" to pin 2 or 3 as per the C-108 diagram?

Also, as my power output is 6 volts, should I add a 1N4007 diode? And if I do have to, how and on what wire do I do it please?
41 CACC 5.8-7.0V when ignition on, reverse on - supplied constantly by the power converter
42 CDET 0-5V DC Camera detect when ignition on, reverse on - from the camera? not checked.
43 REV 12V if reverse coming from the camera side
45 CGND ground
46 CMP+ camera signal
47 CMP- camera signal shield ground

This is what I've got at the side of the camera connector. Now I have 41, 43, 46 and 47 connected, everything else is left unused.
I suggest you first check 12V at 43. If it does not work, then you have a problem.

Quick Reply: Outlander new shape - Aftermarket Stereo and Factory Camera