Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:05 PM

small things first.

Name:  IMG_20140814_142744_zpsehtiz7jv.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20140814_142328_zpspnsrbdik.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  161.6 KB

Old 05-25-2015, 02:31 PM

I will post some pics when I buy a new Outlander. I think the Outlander SUV gives you the best bang for the buck compared to the other SUV's in the same category ! N.C.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Default Crossbars ?

Originally Posted by macdarwin
Thanks guys!

After 2 weeks of owning this car and emptying my wallet..This is how she look now. I must say i'm enjoying this car better than the Sport i had before.
Hi~~Are those the factory crossbars or did you get aftermarket ? Norm C.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:10 AM

Great seeing these pictures

Old 05-26-2015, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by normanchristie
Hi~~Are those the factory crossbars or did you get aftermarket ? Norm C.

Factory with a "mitsubishi" branding on all 4 brackets. Luckily Got it from ebay for $150.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:09 PM

Thanks guys!

After 2 weeks of owning this car and emptying my wallet..This is how she look now. I must say i'm enjoying this car better than the Sport i had before.
That's a nice looking rig. We just picked up a new 2015 Outlander SE, same looking diamond white. Only thing is, I've got the naked roof. No rails, just covered slots for flush-mounts. I see you've got some black rails for your racks. I've spent most of my shift at work searching the internet for a lead on some. Mind if I ask where you got your set up on the roof? Also, looking to dip the wheels as well. Any pointers on dipping?

I've never done anything to accessorize any vehicle I've ever owned. The most I did was put a subwoofer in my high school beater-car (89' Geo Prizm, yeah baby.)

Old 05-30-2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by crooked
That's a nice looking rig. We just picked up a new 2015 Outlander SE, same looking diamond white. Only thing is, I've got the naked roof. No rails, just covered slots for flush-mounts. I see you've got some black rails for your racks. I've spent most of my shift at work searching the internet for a lead on some. Mind if I ask where you got your set up on the roof? Also, looking to dip the wheels as well. Any pointers on dipping?

I've never done anything to accessorize any vehicle I've ever owned. The most I did was put a subwoofer in my high school beater-car (89' Geo Prizm, yeah baby.)
My car came with a roof rails including a moonroof, I searched around on Ebay and found this, at least the cheapest you can get unless you want to go genuine which will cost you a lot.

Black Mixed Silver Roof Rail Side Rack Aluminum Assembly Fit Outlander 2014 2015 | eBay

I recommend searching parts for your under 2014 instead 2015 since they are exactly the same and have more option than 2015 ( looks like they dont really update the compatibillity)

as for dipping the rims, I never took off the rims to paint it although its easier and better when its off.
-Wash rims, wipe dry and with alcohol after.
-cover the rotors and brake calipers. I used old rags/towels or trash bags
-Coat tires with tire shine so when you paint the rims the paint will not stick to the tires and really easy to come off.
-Spray away! I go each rims and waited 15 mins (or until dry). Do it 3 times with a total of 3 coats or more if you want.

Thats it! clean up, take the excess paint out of the tires and take the rags/towels off the rotors and admire your masterpiece.

Take a pic then post here lol.

P.s.
you might find some light coverage on some areas when you move the car, you can respray it on that specific spot and it will look uneven but dont worry, it will even out itself.

If I dont make sense..here's a link

Old 05-30-2015, 10:01 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help! Yeah I tried getting ahold of my dealer's service department and they're clueless on the roof rail, all they have are the racks that mount to the naked roof inserts, typically where a rail sits... Investigating that rail system on eBay, and many like it; they seem merely decorative... 3M tape, no bolts/screws to attach the rail to. Don't think I'll be hauling anything with these decorative rails, lol. Thanks for the time you put in eBaying that. I'll search under 2014 now that I know 2014 and 2015 are similar.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by crooked
Awesome, thanks for the help! Yeah I tried getting ahold of my dealer's service department and they're clueless on the roof rail, all they have are the racks that mount to the naked roof inserts, typically where a rail sits... Investigating that rail system on eBay, and many like it; they seem merely decorative... 3M tape, no bolts/screws to attach the rail to. Don't think I'll be hauling anything with these decorative rails, lol. Thanks for the time you put in eBaying that. I'll search under 2014 now that I know 2014 and 2015 are similar.
Oh crap, i didnt even know that its just tape install lol
Why dont you just install a roof rack crossbar without rails? They are available for $360 mitsubishi branded. Add a Side wind deflectors too to make the Outlander look more aggressive lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-GENUINE...item3f25dd8356

Last edited by macdarwin; 05-30-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: link
Old 05-30-2015, 11:50 PM

Oh crap, i didnt even know that its just tape install lol
Why dont you just install a roof rack crossbar without rails? They are available for $360 mitsubishi branded. Add a Side wind deflectors too to make the Outlander look more aggressive lol

2014 Genuine Mitsubishi Outlander Side Vent Window Visors Shades MZ562905EX | eBay
That's probably the route Im going to end up taking. I sent an inquiry to a couple dealers regarding the racks.

Are those tires the stock/factory size? They look a little beefier than the Toyos that mine came with. I'm in no rush for tires, these will last me a couple years before I dog out 7-800 bucks on new tires again. You have the leather interior, or is it the leather/sport cloth stuff?

Quick Reply: Outlander Picture Thread!