Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander reverse bulbs upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Default Outlander reverse bulbs upgrade

I am not sure if it is an upgrade. But different.
The outlander uses 7440 bulbs. Installation is easy, shown in user manual.
My problem was one side of this socket was extremely hard to turn. I inserted screw driver in the socket's moulding and aided to turn.

I replaced with 7440 LED, unlike the Evo X where it uses canbus check and turns off the bulb due to incorrect load.
The outlander and outlander sport reverse lights does not have such check, so you can pretty much pick what you find.

The reverse light is now bright white. But it does not seem to cast the light as far. It appears much brighter and is much more visible to others who happens to look at it. Sort of like the police car roof LED flashers, very visible but maybe doesn't cast so much light. I chose one that are about 750 lumens, which is bright enough, but not blinding.

the LED also shoots the light in the reflector house a little different, and with mine, there is more light just behind the 2 side rearview mirrors. Very good when I want to see the curb or pillar when backup parking.