Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Proud owner of a 2016 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:28 PM
Smile Proud owner of a 2016 Outlander GT

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that this past Saturday my wife and I became the proud new owners of a 2016 Outlander GT. Now for the good part. The car was being used by the owner of the dealership as a daily driver and it had 10K on it so it couldn't be sold for the new price. It came with ALL the bells and whistles like the Navigation system, Paddle shifters , fog lights, automatic wipers, all weather mats, body side moldings, rear cargo tray etc. We were upgrading from a 2001 Montero Sport and the dealership gave us the $500 Loyalty Discount ! When it was all said and done, the sale price was $26,899! And they started the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty from the day we bought it. We weren't concerned about the 3 Rd row seating as those seats will never see any use, my main concern was how comfortable it was for me to drive. I'm 6'4" and I need lots of room. The Outlander is perfect for me. We went for a 200 mile road trip on Sunday and I had no complaints what so ever with the seat or the leg room for me. As to the gas mileage, I'm more than pleased after the Montero which averaged 15mpg even on a highway trip I had to fill the 15.8 gallon tank at around 250 miles and I'm at 280 miles now with the Outlander with a about a quarter of a tank left, I very happy to say the least. I'm still learning how to operate all the fancy bells and whistles but I'm quite sure I'll have a fun doing so. We love the car and if you're looking at getting the Outlander, I would say go for it!

Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Noel
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that this past Saturday my wife and I became the proud new owners of a 2016 Outlander GT. Now for the good part. The car was being used by the owner of the dealership as a daily driver and it had 10K on it so it couldn't be sold for the new price. It came with ALL the bells and whistles like the Navigation system, Paddle shifters , fog lights, automatic wipers, all weather mats, body side moldings, rear cargo tray etc. We were upgrading from a 2001 Montero Sport and the dealership gave us the $500 Loyalty Discount ! When it was all said and done, the sale price was $26,899! And they started the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty from the day we bought it. We weren't concerned about the 3 Rd row seating as those seats will never see any use, my main concern was how comfortable it was for me to drive. I'm 6'4" and I need lots of room. The Outlander is perfect for me. We went for a 200 mile road trip on Sunday and I had no complaints what so ever with the seat or the leg room for me. As to the gas mileage, I'm more than pleased after the Montero which averaged 15mpg even on a highway trip I had to fill the 15.8 gallon tank at around 250 miles and I'm at 280 miles now with the Outlander with a about a quarter of a tank left, I very happy to say the least. I'm still learning how to operate all the fancy bells and whistles but I'm quite sure I'll have a fun doing so. We love the car and if you're looking at getting the Outlander, I would say go for it!
Congratulations seems like you got a great deal! What are the terms for the other warranty coverages? Post some pictures!

Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 AM

Congratulations on the new GT. I'm on the fence between the GT and SEL with the deciding factor being fuel economy (although more power is always good).
It is encouraging to hear from a GT owner who is satisfied with its fuel economy! What other makes did you consider before deciding on the Mitsubishi?

Old 08-23-2016, 08:50 PM

Congrats and welcome. Was the $26,899 before or after tax? The mpg is pretty decent on the highway.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:44 PM

OP- congrats on the car. Great price.

Originally Posted by Darren Taylor
Congratulations on the new GT. I'm on the fence between the GT and SEL with the deciding factor being fuel economy (although more power is always good).
It is encouraging to hear from a GT owner who is satisfied with its fuel economy! What other makes did you consider before deciding on the Mitsubishi?
It depends on how much you value mpg. Not sure how much weight you give it compared to other things, because there is a pretty big hit to mpg. I was drawn to the Outlander over other comparables due to the gas mileage of the 4 cyl. But I ended up buying the GT more out of the novelty of it. Comparables didn't have the V6 option. I also prefer the 6 speed transmission over CVT. I haul people, so the extra power is welcome on road trips. As a bonus, the towing capacity is much greater, although I will unlikely push the limits, but I can! Other than that, I believe the features between GT and SEL are almost identical. Either way you can't lose, just depends on your needs. I was actually considering the SE vs. the GT, not the SEL. So it was a 4cyl vs. V6 question for me. I didn't care that much about the other features.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Default 2016

Originally Posted by theSaint024
OP- congrats on the car. Great price.

It depends on how much you value mpg. Not sure how much weight you give it compared to other things, because there is a pretty big hit to mpg. I was drawn to the Outlander over other comparables due to the gas mileage of the 4 cyl. But I ended up buying the GT more out of the novelty of it. Comparables didn't have the V6 option. I also prefer the 6 speed transmission over CVT. I haul people, so the extra power is welcome on road trips. As a bonus, the towing capacity is much greater, although I will unlikely push the limits, but I can! Other than that, I believe the features between GT and SEL are almost identical. Either way you can't lose, just depends on your needs. I was actually considering the SE vs. the GT, not the SEL. So it was a 4cyl vs. V6 question for me. I didn't care that much about the other features.
The things I noticed in the GT &SE is the GT has all the Goodies,V6 ,Sunroof, GPS Etc. where as the SE doesn't have some of those. So it depends on what you can afford and what your likes and dislikes are. But the GT,SE,SEL are very Nice!!

Old 09-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Default Congrats on the Gt

Hey just wanted to say congrats on the GT. I recently purchased a brand new Outlander GT myself and what can I say this thing is awesome. I was a previous owner of Honda vehicles with I still love but changing to another brand was scary. I did lots of research before I finally made that step. No regrets thing GT is beautiful turns heads all the time when I'm in the city (Toronto). I can't say that I see a lot of them on the road which is sad☹️️ people are missing out. So I've had mine since late May of this year and put on 9000km it is a joy to drive. Again congrats.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:05 PM

Last week I bought a brand new with no miles on it with all bells and more beeps 33,304 odo. Black on Almond Outlander GT. The second morning I get up at 5:30 AM get to my employers gate and no lights on the door arm rest come to find out that thats not offered at any price . I gave me VW Jetta back to VW indicator light a plenty. What were they thinking. Hands free is their tune so whats up with this missed beat?? Some luxury I had to use my android flash ,bogus. Just for record I owned over 15 cars in 50 years this problem was on my 51 pontiac and 55 chevy even my 1973 Lincoln had the lights on the electric windows. My solution ill get a small led light stick it on the door to shed some light on this problem. I love the electric folding mirrors though.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:20 PM

VW buying back my VW SPORTSWAGON TDI after that experience no more VW for awhile but the MPG on 2010 TDI was unreal 7 hour drive 11 gallons fuel. I wanted something that had a moon roof that opens and roof rack to carry my kayak. Sadly the Outlander GT may have been overkill because now I can't drive into garage 84" opening with kayak on roof no problem with VW. Here the good news if you needed to work on the Outlander a good set of metric sockets would be all u need . The German cars require very specialized 12 spine drivers just to remove the seat. That was needed to retrieve the wife's wedding ring when she got slim. I looked at Lexus 69,000.00 for a Toyoya....Audi Mercedes Nissan Acura all the right shape but Rockfeller I m not. The Outlander is a great warranty and value . Very impressed with the tie downs under front bumper.The Honda v6 is also 55,000.00 but no indicator lights on the power windows WHY????