Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear Wiper Blade Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Default Rear Wiper Blade Replacement?

Mine decided to stop being useful as of this morning, anyone found a compatible replacement online? Dealer wants over $25...

It's a 10" blade, with a J-Hook style clip, but not the same clip as the front blades...

Old 03-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly's, Napa should carry replacements. I've replaced mine twice now.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM

Websites says that I need a 12" Type B wiper ... (RVR 2011)
I mesured the OEM wiper and it'S 10"
I think 12" should be ok since there enough space for +1" on both side of the wiper.

12$ at Canadian Tire (in Canada obviously)
or
Available online @ Amsoil AMSOIL TRICO Exact Fit Wiper Blades

Look at the Rock Lok 3 ... there also a installation video
https://www.wipers123.com/wiper_blad...ion_videos.php

Old 03-27-2013, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly's, Napa should carry replacements. I've replaced mine twice now.
Of course, the only store i checked was pep boys

Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 AM

Bosch makes a nice Roc Loc 3 blade for our cars product code H 306, catalog number 3 397 011 432.

Unfortunately, they don't appear to sell it in North America. I can find it in Germany and the UK for about $10 USD but I'm sure shipping would be asinine. Bosch H306 Rear Screen Wiper Blade 12" (300mm)

So, I'm going to check out the Valeo R-12D blade, which is what Amazon recommends for the full size Outlander. Most companies classify the Outlander Sport as a B style, but Valeo seems to have their own lettering system...

Valeo R-12D Rear Wiper Blade, 12" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive Valeo R-12D Rear Wiper Blade, 12" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

They seem to have a lot better reviews (all of the Valeo blades) than the Trico blades, for about the same price. I'll be sure to post up with the results.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM

Found the replacement fpr my '04 Outy at PepBoys without a problem. Cost about 10 bucks.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Full size Outlander uses a 12" blade, and commonly called the a 12-B, rock lock 3, or H2 style arm.

The Outlander Sport cannot fit a 12" blade, it hits the spoiler/ third brake light. No retail outlets (off internet, really) carry or even make a 10-B or 11-B arm. After visiting pep boys, auto zone, Napa, and Car Quest, after spending HOURS looking online, I ended up buying a full size blade insert and re-using the OEM plastic arm and I also reused the OEM metal strips in the rubber. Then I just cut the rubber of the new blade to the correct length and inserted it. A brand new wiper blade for under $6 with tax.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a nice 11" replacement though, I'd like to have the little extra visibility

Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 PM

After trying the Trico Exact Fit 12-B wiper from Autozone, and discovering it is just a bit too long, I ended up getting a replacement 10" wiper for my 2011 Outlander Sport on ebay for $6 (free shipping), from China of course. Apparently the Suzuki Swift & SX4 2005+ uses the same roc lock 3 style 10" wiper. It is just like the original and works perfectly.

I was afraid to try an 11" since I had already been burned with the 12". Anyone tried it yet?

So now I have a practically unused Trico Exact Fit 12-B available if anyone wants it. $5 + shipping.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by janthenat
After trying the Trico Exact Fit 12-B wiper from Autozone, and discovering it is just a bit too long, I ended up getting a replacement 10" wiper for my 2011 Outlander Sport on ebay for $6 (free shipping), from China of course. Apparently the Suzuki Swift & SX4 2005+ uses the same roc lock 3 style 10" wiper. It is just like the original and works perfectly.

I was afraid to try an 11" since I had already been burned with the 12". Anyone tried it yet?

So now I have a practically unused Trico Exact Fit 12-B available if anyone wants it. $5 + shipping.

Got a link to the 11"? I'll take the gamble and see if the 11" fits.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM

11" Wiper works!!!

Old 10" wiper lying on top of the new 11" wiper. 11" is attached to the wiper arm.

Blade clears the 3rd brake light by about 1/2 an inch. Just enough to leave some wiggle room, but close enough to make me happy.

Now, the issues: What I bought:

AutoTex PINK AP-R11 Black Universal Rear Wiper Blade - 11", (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive AutoTex PINK AP-R11 Black Universal Rear Wiper Blade - 11", (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

The red arrow points to the adapter I received, the green points to the one I need. I had expected to receive all 4, and even the back of the packaging leads me to believe that I was SUPPOSED to receive all 4. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me the correct adapter. Working great now!

For anyone thinking this is overkill, the extra inch adds a substantial amount of cleaned window.

it is an AutoTex PINK Universal Rear Wiper Blade. It is an 11 inch and requires the use of their "CAP B" adapter.

AutoTex PINK Universal Specialty Rear Wiper Blade | AutoTex Windshield Wiper Blades for passenger cars and trucks as well as heavy duty bus, truck, rv, and more.

I ordered it from Amazon for under $10 and it's Prime eligible.

Here you can see really well just how much more cleaned area you get

and here you can see A. that it's close, but does in fact clear the 3rd brake lamp, and B. again how much more wiped area.

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Blade Replacement?